VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 3, 2021, 02:17 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Default The Seventh Seal ~The Resurrection of The Dark Lord~ Original Soundtrack

I’d love to know more about this one. I’m guessing this has some of Yasunori Mitsuda’s tracks directly from the game, which would be great to hear and compare them to Sailing to the World (assuming there’s any overlap).
Old Mar 3, 2021, 02:26 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Could this be what the disc looks like? https://www.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21921523830028
Old Mar 3, 2021, 02:55 AM

Well if you really want to know...

This is the game's CD case. The soundtrack is the 6th disc, so this CD case is probably what you should be looking for.

And limited edtion package looked like this. I've check most texts on the package (from pictures on the internet), there's no indication about whether the limited edition contains the 6th disc i.e. the soundtrack CD, but generally you would assume soundtracks are enclosed in limited editions. Note that Taiwanese companies also bundled soundtracks in games' official guidebooks back then, although I haven't find any information regarding this game tho.

For now, the best I find is a post in 2002.
https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/GAMEMUSIC/M.1...014.A.113.html
"The soundtrack CD has 17 tracks, 9 from Mitsuda, 5 from Chih-Chan Tsai and 3 from Ai Kuo Chia"

There are people selling the limited edition for 999 TWD. You can also buy the game CDs somewhat around 400 TWD, but probably without booklets and whatever credit that may be written in it.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 03:03 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

This just shot up to number one on my most wanted list! After tracking down the Seventh Rebirth Mini Soundtrack, I had most of the Mitsuda stuff I wanted. But knowing this exists means I’m going to have to start hunting for it. Too bad it’s not a Japanese release though, since the likelihood of it showing up in the usual spots online that I look is slim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppel9014 View Post
Well if you really want to know...

This is the game's CD case. The soundtrack is the 6th disc, so this CD case is probably what you should be looking for.

And limited edtion package looked like this. I've check most texts on the package (from pictures on the internet), there's no indication about whether the limited edition contains the 6th disc i.e. the soundtrack CD, but generally you would assume soundtracks are enclosed in limited editions. Note that Taiwanese companies also bundled soundtracks in games' official guidebooks back then, although I haven't find any information regarding this game tho.

For now, the best I find is a post in 2002.
https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/GAMEMUSIC/M.1...014.A.113.html
"The soundtrack CD has 17 tracks, 9 from Mitsuda, 5 from Chih-Chan Tsai and 3 from Ai Kuo Chia"

There are people selling the limited edition for 999 TWD. You can also buy the game CDs somewhat around 400 TWD, but probably without booklets and whatever credit that may be written in it.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 05:45 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I got a copy of this one with the soundtrack CD and booklet. I added images, track list, track lengths, and credits.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 08:20 PM

English translation added.

Never played the game so I don't know if the translation for locations in the game is accurate or not. I don't know if the City is floating like Laputa or not and so on.

For track 03, a simpler translation might be "Love Song of Fire" however I feel like part of the meaning will be lost in this way, since the original text can be comprehended in both way "Song of Love" and "(a) Love like Fire". Same for track 07 and 13.

Track 08 - the idiom is from the Six Secret Teachings (六韜), not the Art of War.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 10:01 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppel9014 View Post
English translation added.

Never played the game so I don't know if the translation for locations in the game is accurate or not. I don't know if the City is floating like Laputa or not and so on.

For track 03, a simpler translation might be "Love Song of Fire" however I feel like part of the meaning will be lost in this way, since the original text can be comprehended in both way "Song of Love" and "(a) Love like Fire". Same for track 07 and 13.

Track 08 - the idiom is from the Six Secret Teachings (六韜), not the Art of War.
Thanks for the translation!