VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Oct 18, 2018, 06:41 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Does anyone have any more info on this album? Was it a physical release or download only? It says it was possibly a promo item. How did one receive it? I'd love to get my hands on a copy. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Old Oct 18, 2018, 07:09 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Okay, so it looks like it was given out to a random selection of people who had commented during the live stream of a promotional broadcast for the game. The chances of ever owning this disc are next to zero...
Old Jan 27, 2019, 09:26 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

If anyone owns this album and is willing to part with it, please message me. I’d love to negotiate a price for it. Thanks!
Old Apr 6, 2019, 06:48 AM

This gameplay video contains six distinct BGM, the first five of which are clearly Mitsuda.

In order:
1. Title BGM/Main Theme
2. Regular battle theme
3. action BGM/Main theme
4. Field/forest BGM
5. Boss battle theme
6. victory fanfare
Old May 5, 2019, 11:04 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I just located a copy of this and the owner sold it to me! I'll update the entry with pictures of the disc, obi, and back of the front cover once it's in my hands

Would the letter from GungHo (indicating that the person has won the CD from the Retweet raffle—which was the only way you could get this album) be something I should add to the images?

Last edited by Chris Porter; May 6, 2019 at 06:17 AM.
Old May 11, 2019, 12:00 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

This album just came in the mail! This was my holy grail. So excited to finally have this in my hands. I've updated the entry with photos of everything.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 06:20 AM

I'll definitely get this album someday. I saw it once on Yahoo Japan Auctions in early 2018 and have never seen it since. So frustrated I lost that bid, I had no idea how rare it was. If anyone is selling it, I will be your highest bidder.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 12:37 PM

Here's a crazy discovery.
I found a rip of the ost, 24 tracks in total.
One of them is "Saint Heaven" from Lime Odyssey.

This would seem to suggest Mitsuda does indeed own the rights at least some of the Lime Odyssey OST--which of course is common for him, but makes it all the more of a shame we don't have an OST, canceled game or no.

On topic--this game, Seventh Rebirth, has a really good OST. A lot like the classic 2002-2009 Mitsuda era.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 02:55 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
Here's a crazy discovery.
I found a rip of the ost, 24 tracks in total.
One of them is "Saint Heaven" from Lime Odyssey.

This would seem to suggest Mitsuda does indeed own the rights at least some of the Lime Odyssey OST--which of course is common for him, but makes it all the more of a shame we don't have an OST, canceled game or no.

On topic--this game, Seventh Rebirth, has a really good OST. A lot like the classic 2002-2009 Mitsuda era.
Nice find! I've had that full Seventh Rebirth rip for a while, and the Lime Odyssey one for over a decade, but I didn't notice that track was from Lime Odyssey. "Saint Heaven" was never one of the tracks that I played on repeat, unlike "West Tumbara," "Login 1," and "Class Change."

I really would love to see Lime Odyssey get an official release someday, but so much time has passed it seems really unlikely. I'd like to see the rest of the Seventh Rebirth music get released too. It's a great soundtrack!