new Daniel Tidwell Project started:
VERSUS ONE YEAR: A New Song Every Week For An Entire Year

Goal: 12K$ 29 days left "24.7." ending "22.8"
physical 2 disc album: 95$

link:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...an-entire-year
Old Aug 9, 2019, 12:03 AM
Trusted Editor

8-Bit Symphony Kickstarter - 2CD release of orchestral remakes of C64 music. A collab between Rob Hubbard and the Czech Studio Orchestra: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...8-bit-classics
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:51 PM
Trusted Editor

Mega Ran is remaking his Black Materia FF7 album: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...remakeon-vinyl

The project was funded in just a few days, but the campaign is still going for another 24 days.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 04:23 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Hessian: Commodore 64 chiptune game soundtrack on Vinyl & CD

They talk about 21 tracks, the CD could be a reprint of this very limited release.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 04:03 AM

Eyra the Crow Maiden: A new adventure for the Nintendo

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...es/description

physical soundtrack 125$ "NES,SNES or SEGA GENESIS version

Last edited by SNKhero; Mar 20, 2020 at 10:39 AM.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 12:42 AM

Sea of Stars
A retro-inspired turn-based RPG

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=user_menu

3 days left as of this post!

Yasunori Mitsuda is a guest composer!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2804959
Old Jul 1, 2020, 10:34 PM

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-4/description

Matt Gray new C64 remix album
ReFourmation C64/Amiga Game Music Remakes (Reformation 4) (ending 20.7.2020)

physical CD TIER
normal album 35£ or more
limited edition 55£ or more

Record (LP)
50£ or more
Old Jul 24, 2020, 11:56 AM

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2020/10716.html

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

A spiritual successor of the beloved Suikoden series, which lots of fans had hoped for!
The following people are in charge of this project:

Yoshitaka Murayama (Suikoden I and II) — Scenario Writer/Director
Junko Kawano (Suikoden I and IV) — Lead Artist
Osamu Komuta (Suikoden Tactics and Suikoden Tierkreis) — Director
Junichi Murakami (Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, OZ) — Producer/Art Director
Motoi Sakuraba (Tales series) — Composer
Michiko Naruke (Wild Arms series) — Composer

What's intriguing is this particular 2.5D style in the veins of Ocopath Traveler. I'm really looking forward to this one!
And Sakuraba with Naruke (among other composers apparently) on one project? Hell, yeah! I'm ready to for this.
Maybe even Miki Higashino makes a brief appearance here? *keepsfingerscrossed* Would be too lovely to see her back.

The Kickstarter campaign is launching on July 27th, the game will be released in 2022.
Stretching goal is $500,000 for the PC release, with further stretching goals to follow.

Last edited by Mac_Tear; Jul 25, 2020 at 03:02 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 06:01 PM
VGMdb Staff

That game does indeed look very promising so far. And what an amazing production team!
Old Jul 24, 2020, 08:55 PM

Ugh.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special View Post

Ugh.
I enjoyed both games, especially Tierkreis back on the DS. It was a fresh take on the series. Of course not as good as the stellar first installments, but still enjoyable.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 04:10 AM

In the style of Octopath and a spiritual Suikoden successor? Hmmmmmmmmmm,.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 05:35 AM

Kickstarter Projects like this that bring together experienced Japanese JRPG developers are intriguing, and may be the only way to make such collaboration happen anymore!

Maybe we can see a spiritual Chrono or BoF successor one day, too.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 06:41 AM

I wonder what companies like Konami are thinking these days? I mean, it seems they absolutely don't care about their once beloved video game series anymore.

Castlevania, Silent Hill, Metal Gear, Suikoden, Ganbare Goemon ... just to name a few. They have so much potential to deliver collections, remakes, remasters, even new games.

The fans are demanding, begging and hoping each year, but the creators don't care, so people like Yoshitaka Murayama or Koji Igarashi are "forced" to use crowd-funding campaigns like Kickstarter
to ensure the fans get what they desperately want (and the creators their vision of a new gameplay experience as well).

It's a good thing that things like Kickstarter exist these days, but it's also kinda sad how once major companies like Konami threat their goods - like rubbish!

So Konami apparently stopped making console games and instead focused on the mobile gaming platform - and the results so far? Not that I remember anything interesting.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 05:44 PM

Their job isn't to make games that you like, their job is to make money. Konami seem to be doing pretty well these days.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 04:11 AM

Konami makes money with gambling machines (which, despite recent memes and whatnot, they have been doing since the /late 90s/).
Also Pro Evolution Soccer still makes the big bucks, but one game series is hardly much for a (I'd say now former) 'AAA' dev.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 07:19 AM

Yeah, I get the point. Every company has to make money to survive somehow, but still they could do just a little bit of fan service here, like Square Enix, Nintendo, etc. do with reviving some of their cult games. Especially after establishing such great series like above mentioned. But I guess it's just a fanboy's dream lol
Old Jul 28, 2020, 03:53 AM

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...hundred-heroes

I knew this was a popular project, but that it would raise that fast I'd never imagined. According to RPGFan there was
Quote:
50% Funded in Under 45 Minutes!
Also, according to RPGFan, a new (possible) composer is added to the duo of Motoi Sakuraba and Michiko Naruke - none other than Procyon Studio's Mariam Abounnasr!
Samples of Sakuraba and Abounnasr can be found on the Kickstarter page.

I guess the "possible composers" is a strech goal. The more money the project will raise, the more additional composers will be added. I'm curious what the producers have in store for this!

31 days left

Last edited by Mac_Tear; Jul 28, 2020 at 04:00 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 04:08 AM

As expected, a lot of comments are asking for Hashigano as a strech goal.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEpon View Post
As expected, a lot of comments are asking for Hashigano as a strech goal.
Due to the sheer commitment of Murayama getting older creators back together, I would be surprised if he hadn't already asked Higashino and she declined. I could certainly see a single track contribution upon stretch goals.

Unfortunately, if this couldn't get her back, I doubt that we will ever see a full or even partial Higashino game soundtrack again.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
Due to the sheer commitment of Murayama getting older creators back together, I would be surprised if he hadn't already asked Higashino and she declined. I could certainly see a single track contribution upon stretch goals.

Unfortunately, if this couldn't get her back, I doubt that we will ever see a full or even partial Higashino game soundtrack again.
I hope so, too. Even a single track would bring a huge smile on my face! Suikoden wouldn't be Suikoden without her wonderful music (especially II).

She did contribute a track to Game Music Prayer IV in 2019, so why not for this one as well.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 06:46 AM

Sakuraba and Naruke together again at last? It's a Telenet miracle!
Old Jul 29, 2020, 04:05 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I had no idea but according to some people on the game's Discord she retired after she had a baby.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEpon View Post
Yeah, I had no idea but according to some people on the game's Discord she retired after she had a baby.
But that's ages ago. The baby is already an adult by now, so if she really still cares about music she would make a comeback in some form, even if it's just one or two tracks. Or she has decided that music isn't her thing anymore
and focuses on private life or some other hobbies (which would be sad of course as I loved her compositions back then, also from Gradius or other earlier games).

As for the Eiyuden Chronicles project, Michiru Yamane has made a post on Facebook about this project and updated her diary blog as well (in Japanese however), something about "former friends making a new game".
Maybe she's been invited to participate as an additional composer? Would be awesome. But it could be just for information sake only...

The number of supporters raises daily. If this project continues like this it will even surpass Bloodstained lol. Well, I doubt it as the result was phenomenal, but there is still a month left and after only 2 days the project received almost 2 mio. which is fantastic!
Old Aug 7, 2020, 06:03 AM

Code:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/konekosoft/tokyo-reconnect-anime-visual-novel/description

Just went live on KS. There are two planned releases (Soundtrack, Vocal Collection) available digitally and physically.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 01:10 AM

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...es/description

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes keeps growing bigger and bigger, it marks the 7th most funded Kickstarter video game in the history so far (after Bloodstained, Shenmue III and others). I'm so glad I backed this game.

Only 8 days remain. There's updates every few dates, which is pretty neat. The last one featured some commentaries from music composers Motoi Sakuraba and Michiko Naruke. While Sakuraba doesn't write that much lol, it's Naruke, which really made me smile and gives me another reason, that she is one of my favorite female composers out there!

Music Spotlight

While Painter’s Easel is all about characters, in this particular update, we’d also like to focus on music. To that end, we’ve got comments from both Motoi Sakuraba and Michiko Naruke about being able to work on the project.

Motoi Sakuraba

I'm very honored to be able to be a part of this project, which is filled with the hopes and high expectations of those who have supported me and have such amazing passion for the development team. I'm looking forward to composing great music for this game and I hope to create something that will resonate with you all!

Michiko Naruke

Hi, it's nice to meet you, or to many of you, it's been a while. My name is Michiko Naruke, and I'm a composer on Eiyuden Chronicles.

When I saw the names of the creative staff who asked me to participate in the production of this game, I had to catch my breath, because those were the names of people that I had always looked up to and hoped of working with someday.

A lot of things went through my mind at lightning speed. ("Are they seriously going to offer this job to a bumbling goofball like me? I mean I'm not exactly a hip, fresh composer...") But then, I made up my mind, and thought to myself, "I have to do this!"

To be honest, I was thinking that I might never have another chance to be involved in making a JRPG again.

As I'm writing this, I'm suddenly reminded of the first time I got a job for Wild Arms, and I thought, "This is surely going to be the last time I'll ever get a job like this."

More than 20 years have passed since then... In the ever-evolving game industry, I've been struggling with the difficulty of continuing to work, but I'm still fighting the battle somehow.

I've been supported by my friends and predecessors, who talked with me to the hilt and sometimes gave me harsh words of encouragement, as well as by the many fans, who have always supported our production and given me well-chosen words of encouragement. Without them, I probably wouldn't have been able to continue.

Through the Kickstarter system, we've been able to get a strong sense of how many of you have come to love JRPGs.

Once again, I'd like to thank everyone who supported us in our efforts to make this game possible.

I'm a bit overwhelmed by just how high the expectations are, but I'll keep on trying (P-please root for me...).

I'm going to cherish the feeling I've been having, of making another JRPG, at every point in my life, and I'm looking forward to working with the wonderful production team.

Wish us luck!

And, last but not least...

Now in 2020, at this difficult time in the world, I'm sure there are many people who are finding it difficult to live their normal lives for a variety of reasons, including illnesses and disasters.

Some of you may be reading this from places other than your home.

Some day in the not-too-distant future, I hope you’ll be happy and through Eiyuden Chronicle, our music will connect to more of that happiness.

We’ll be hard at work in our various offices and homes doing our best to make music that you will fully enjoy.

Hopefully during difficult times, you can remember how hard we are working and that can bring you a little bit of joy.

Let's go through this together.

Also, there is an interesting idea from creator Murayama-san himself, namely the ending theme

Ending Theme, Featuring You!

As you’ve seen, this week we unveiled our first fan participation selection via the ongoing Character 109 Backer Vote. We’re not done, though! When Murayama-san said one of his core reasons for coming to Kickstarter was to collaborate with his fans, he meant it.

Here’s a message from Murayama-san himself:

“Thank you for sending so many requests and ideas for Eiyuden Chronicle. We've decided to take those great ideas and turn them into an exciting event.”

To that end, we are happy to announce that we will be looking to gather a sample of a single phrase from the song, sung by our backers, that will later be edited into the game’s Ending Theme. We know some people might be skeptical about this, but we ask you to have faith in our ability as creators to not only choose the right voices, but to masterfully...FIX IT IN POST!

All joking aside, this is something we really want to do with the backers. We are currently discussing how to make this happen with the two composers who have agreed to participate in the project, Mr. Motoi Sakuraba and Ms. Michiko Naruke.

This is something symbolic of not only the fact that this game exists because of the backers, but also the diversity that we are focused on. After all, “You Are the World!”

Last edited by Mac_Tear; Aug 21, 2020 at 12:17 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 10:26 AM

I love that message from Naruke. OK, I backed. $57 is a great deal for a game plus its OST. I will just have to hope Naruke does at least half the soundtrack... I was worried at first it would be a mostly Sakuraba affair, but this gives me more hope.

Still gonna hope for a Higashino cameo.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 10:54 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Still gonna hope for a Higashino cameo.
Sadly, it's not happening. They responded about it in the comments early on:
Quote:
Unfortunately, she is retired. All the stretch goals in the world won't be able to change that. Trust us... we are big fans too.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 12:13 PM

I also asked for a Higashino contribution, but yeah, she is definitely retired and I totally respect that. A shame, but that's how life goes. Everyone must walk the path they chose to walk in the end.

But maybe Michiru Yamane makes a cameo appearance, who knows. Or Tappy Iwase. That would be a neat fan service as well.

I just really HOPE that Motoi Sakuraba doesn't go on auto-mode here like in his Tales of soundtracks. He is an excellent composer, by no means, but still ... there are a lot of fears among fans.
I also hope that Michiko Naruke's role is bigger than just a few tracks ...
Old Aug 21, 2020, 10:42 PM

Sakuraba goes auto-pilot on Tales because that's exactly what the devs ask him to do. His Tri-Ace and other work being consistently and considerably better isn't an accident.