VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 11, 2011, 04:13 PM

Just curious if any one knows what Booklet Pg 3 and 4 is all about. Or have a translation?
Old Oct 11, 2011, 05:56 PM

It's an "appreciation" of Akira Yamaoka's work written by t-kimura, a music producer. Here are his Japanese and French wiki pages. No one's translated it yet, as far as I know. He mostly talks about how he came to know Yamaoka.

Edit: The Japanese wiki also mentions that he's known Yamaoka since college.

Edit 2: Of course, he also has a page here.

Last edited by Xenofan 29A; Oct 11, 2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:26 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I just want to point out a couple of things:

aquila Jama o'ca = alias of Akira Yamaoka (it's an assumption, but I doubt it isn't him). I'll probably not link it to his profile anyway.. Though, I wonder if the rest of these aliases (dj SANDMAN, no-man) are (also) Akira Yamaoka?

The vocalist on "The Reverse Will" is Jacquelyn Breckenridge, the voice actress of Laura. She isn't credited in the booklet, but I added her to the performers.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 06:20 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Since track 23, "Terror In The Depths Of The Fog" was not used until first in the Director's Cut/Greatest Hits/PC/Xbox releases, which were all released after the soundtrack; does anyone disagree with adding Prototype/Unused to the classification?

Also, I'm not so sure about "aquila Jama o'ca" anymore. The person is credited for playing "Electric Bass", but in the Making Of video you can see one guy playing an "Electric 7 String Guitar" which is really credited only to Akira Yamaoka. So anyway, I'm thinking this might be "aquila Jama o'ca":

Does anyone recognize him? This is about the best (and only) shot there is of him in any of the SH videos available (afaik)..

Last edited by Nisto; Apr 19, 2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisto View Post
Since track 23, "Terror In The Depths Of The Fog" was not used until first in the Director's Cut/Greatest Hits/PC/Xbox releases, which were all released after the soundtrack; does anyone disagree with adding Prototype/Unused to the classification?
I do think it's unnecessary to apply Prototype/Unused to this album. Because this OST is as representative of Silent Hill 2 as it is of its Director's Cut. Sure if you want to get really technical about it, the OST came out in October '01 while Director's Cut in December '01, but c'mon that's only 2 months apart. It's not like the track "Terror In The Depths Of The Fog" was unused (or "Love Psalm"), it was.. only 2 months later. And you can look at it as this OST being an OST to a definitive version of the game which is Director's Cut, it just happen to come out before DC did.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 08:43 PM

Can someone please delete the iTunes link I posted on KMCA-120? It should only appear under the digital re-release. My bad I didn't see it.