VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 19, 2016, 02:23 AM

Updated notes for Disc 2.

Credited as much as I can based on other entries in VGMdb and the tracklist provided on Hiroyuki Sawano's official website.

There was one song where I wasn't sure who the arranger was, this song being disc 2, track 9. I don't know whether it is Sawano himself, or just the original song with a different singer, so I left the arrangement credits for that song out entirely.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 09:39 PM

I'll probably make some changes to this entry at some stage.

I'll provide scans when I do make major changes, but for now I've only updated Disc 2 M-09 to say that the arrangement is by Hiroyuki Sawano.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:50 PM

I've added scans to this album now. IF anyone wants to do so, they can edit the notes of the album accordingly, but if no one does it, I'll do it myself when I get the time this weekend.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 06:12 PM

The linked artists are wrong... Well, some of them. There are artists that are duplicated. Rico as example
Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:27 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah they were kind of a mess. I've cleaned up everything and linked them again, let us know if there are other mistakes now.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 11:47 PM

I have a question about the vocal credits in the notes for this album on the second disc.

Can we credit the vocalists to how they would be credited with the metadata? So, Aimer would be credited as "SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Aimer" as such.

I know VGMdb normally doesn't go by metadata, since the booklet is more reliable (especially when metadata tends to be user-inputted), but I was just curious about whether it'd be better to do so or not.

For reference, here's what I have it tagged as in my music library:
Spoiler:

Last edited by MBgov1133; Nov 11, 2016 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Added a comma because lmao
Old Nov 12, 2016, 05:29 AM
VGMdb Administrator

SawanoHiroyuki[nZk] is just the name of the vocal project, generally we don't include those in the performer field.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 06:54 AM
VGMdb Staff

I'd actually like to go back and change the way those groups are credited. It could easily be done as "Project Name (Vocalist)". I'm already using this new format for Sangatsu no Phantasia, for example.

It would apply to those few odd projects that don't have pages like supercell, EGOIST, mimimemeMIMI, and this one. I can understand why someone would want all the credits on one page.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 07:01 AM
VGMdb Administrator

"Project Name (Vocalist)" sounds fine to me, I thought we were talking about adding a "SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Aimer" alias to Aimer.

Maybe ask SS before changing all of them? Especially supercell and EGOIST since it's a lot of stuff.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 07:07 AM
VGMdb Staff

Yes, he was asking for it to be an alias. I just think the better solution would be to add a unit page for SawanoHiroyuki[nZk] using that format.

The only reason I haven't done it yet is because, like you said, it's a lot of stuff.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 02:51 PM

An alias for every [nZk] vocalist would be better than created an unit pages for each one i think.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 06:40 PM
VGMdb Administrator

So the artist field would look like `SawanoHiroyuki[nZk] (Tiellle, NaNami, Aimer)` with a new page for the SawanoHIroyuki[nZk] project. I think I am fine with this over the overloading of aliases.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 04:46 PM
VGMdb Staff

The tricky part seems to be making the new artist appear at the beginning of the performer list rather than the end. I have to switch the IDs around a bit to make it work. Or un-link all the performers and then re-link them in the new order.

I'll probably start with the supercell and EGOIST pages. If someone else wants to do the SawanoHiroyuki[nZk] pages, you're welcome to.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:28 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
The tricky part seems to be making the new artist appear at the beginning of the performer list rather than the end. I have to switch the IDs around a bit to make it work. Or un-link all the performers and then re-link them in the new order.
Usually I do it this way:
Change the ID of the first vocalist to the new unit
Unlink all the other vocalists that have to go under that unit
Relink the vocalists and add them in the unit, so they appear in the correct order

Works fine most of the time assuming the ordering of the artists is already correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
I'll probably start with the supercell and EGOIST pages. If someone else wants to do the SawanoHiroyuki[nZk] pages, you're welcome to.
Should be all linked up: http://vgmdb.net/artist/25078

Let me know if I missed something or you need some help with ryo's stuff.

Last edited by Illidan; Nov 18, 2016 at 11:31 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 12:26 AM

Oh wow, you guys really took this on board. Not sure if it looks neater or not, to be completely honest, but I do like how you've done it.

Good job VGMdb team