VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 30, 2010, 10:34 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Removed "Raymond" from the perfomer's list since "Raymond Johnson" (his full name) is also listed.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:09 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I'm a bit hesitant about this. I couldn't find the credits info in the booklet, but usually I add each artist with alias or partial name, even when I know that is the same person for more accuracy.

I've used Joshinweb for this album.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 01:09 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Alright, I checked the album. (it doesn't contain an actual booklet but is more of a bound book attached to the CD inlay, that's also the reason why I can't provide any scans: I'd damage the spine!). Raymond Johnson is indeed credited as "Raymond" and "Raymond Johnson" on different tracks. But do we really need him twice in the perfomer's list? As example, there are also other Pokémon albums (namely the ones sung by Rocket-dan, e.g. Pokémon Sound Picture Box - A White Tomorrow! Team Rocket) in which Shinichiro Miki, Inuko Inuyama and Megumi Hayashibara are listed not under their real name but _only_ as Kojiro, Nyaasu and Musashi. Or both. Shouldn't this be changed then, too?

By the way, I noticed some mistaked in the notes:
Quote:
07 メディアファクトリー「ポケットモンスターカードゲーム」CMソング
Composed by: Hirokazu Tanaka
Arranged by: Hirokazu Tanaka
Performed by: Imakuni?, Raymond Johnson
Lyrics by: Akihito Toda
This is information for track 6.

Quote:
06 Pokémon animated series Image Song Rocket Gang
Composed by: Hirokazu Tanaka
Arranged by: Hirokazu Tanaka
Performed by: Rocket Gang (Musashi ・ Kojiro ・ Nyarth)
Lyrics by: Takeshi Shudo
This is information for track 5.

Quote:
05 NINTENDO64[Wゲットだぜ」キャンペーン提供CD[うたうポケモン図鑑」収録曲
Composed by: Cher Watanabe
Arranged by: Cher Watanabe
Performed by: Saki Katori, Raymond
Lyrics by: Satoshi Tajiri
This is information for track 7.

Everything in red is to be changed or additional information from the booklet.

Last edited by AcidBeast; Mar 30, 2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 07:05 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Thanks for the correction, AcidBeast. I will edit this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidBeast View Post
Alright, I checked the album. (it doesn't contain an actual booklet but is more of a bound book attached to the CD inlay, that's also the reason why I can't provide any scans: I'd damage the spine!). Raymond Johnson is indeed credited as "Raymond" and "Raymond Johnson" on different tracks. But do we really need him twice in the perfomer's list?
To be more consistent with other submissions I think is best to keep the Raymond and Raymond Johnson, even though the two names are similar. This is very common in the Bemani albums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidBeast View Post
As example, there are also other Pokémon albums (namely the ones sung by Rocket-dan, e.g. Pokémon Sound Picture Box - A White Tomorrow! Team Rocket) in which Shinichiro Miki, Inuko Inuyama and Megumi Hayashibara are listed not under their real name but _only_ as Kojiro, Nyaasu and Musashi. Or both. Shouldn't this be changed then, too?
In this case I think it's better edit for characters names. We should follow how they are credited in booklet. I think the best choice would be create specific profiles for the characters to differentiate the others work of voice actors. I did this with some of Tokimeki Memorial's voice actress, like this.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:38 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Fine then. Along with Rocket Gang's members we'd need a profile for Pikachu (Ohtani) and Dr Okido (Ishizuka), too.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 06:22 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I'm glad you agree. But just for curiosity: are they credited in many albums as characters?
Old Mar 31, 2010, 08:13 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Yes, they are. Actually it's pretty rare if you find them credited under their real name.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 05:50 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Good! I'll create the profiles later. Or feel free to create them since you're familiar with Pokémon series.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 09:05 AM

Guys, I have some question towards this album. I have an obi of it, plastic one, and it's bigger than the box. Twice the bigger, at least. So, I wonder if there was something that coming with the original album box?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-leto! View Post
Guys, I have some question towards this album. I have an obi of it, plastic one, and it's bigger than the box. Twice the bigger, at least. So, I wonder if there was something that coming with the original album box?
Yeah, there were two editions, the first one being limited and special and the disc was included in some sort of book-like case or something, then there was the normal CD reissue, it's possible your Obi comes from the first edition
Old Jul 7, 2021, 08:59 AM
Trusted Editor

This needs its products linked.