VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:40 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Did Ebina actually compose this music? No one's credited on the scans we have, and the game credits Chikayo Fukuda with composition, as seems to be common with this series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUdva8OfvBM#t=5m13s.

Ebina is credited earlier as part of the voice recording staff, as part of "Sound Team Don Juan" with Akira Noguchi. The roles listed on his Japanese Wikipedia and Anime News Network pages are all direction or technical (recording, mixing, etc.), no composition I could find.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:20 AM

I can't find too much information, however Original sound version says it is his, as does
http://naruto.namcobandaigames.com/f...orm-Soundtrack

Everyone who lists the soundtrack, does so by him, youtube OST videos, wikipedia, wikia, OSV, the forums for the game.

Drop the question by OSV? Maybe they have an image mentioning it or in the game manual?

Last edited by Fearin; Mar 29, 2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 01:41 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quantity doesn't mean anything. A lot of sites say Yoshihiro Sakaguchi composed DuckTales for the NES, but that's been debunked. I particularly wouldn't rely on Wikipedia or YouTube video descriptions for composer information ever, for any reason. Plus, since we're the largest VGM album database and all, misinformation flows pretty quickly from us to other sites.

OSV is the only one of those sites that even approaches reliability, and actually, OSV's review was written by the same person who submitted the album! The fact that Jayson said the composer was Ebina is the only reason I didn't just outright change it to Fukuda.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 02:57 AM

I do agree with you and your showing on the youtube credits. I also do agree misinformation spreads widely and rapidly. I figure a message on the comments or an email to the OSV guy might clear it up, that forum post I showed also was for the moderator who also added the info to Gracenote/CDDB. I assume some of this info has to come from somewhere, my best guess is that either the manual or the back side of the track list has it, or they are crediting directly from the anime if the music is transplant rather than composed.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:53 AM

Hey, dropped in because I saw the traffic coming in from this entry. So, yeah, I'm not really sure what brought me to believing this was composed by Ebina. I know I had a reason for believing this was the case, but I can't recall what it was. I have the disc here as well as the little card that was included in the LE version of the game with the track listing, and neither mention Ebina. I must have got it either from somewhere else within the game packaging (credits in the game booklet) or somewhere online. I'd think I'd go with the former, but it may have mentioned only "Sound" with Ebina's name, and since no other audio credits were listed, I figured that meant music as well.

What do you think?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 04:58 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Hey! Thanks for peeking in, saves me the trouble of composing a PM.

The safer bet seems to me to go with Fukuda for now, since she's for sure credited with composition in the game at least, and Ebina doesn't look like he's a composer at all. But if you ever find out for sure that Ebina was involved, definitely let us know so we can hook him up.

Sound good?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:19 AM

Sounds good.