VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:52 AM

according to her Japanese wikipedia article, Luna Umegaki composed for both Choro Q2 and Q3. Very interesting. Always adored Q3's music. I don't know if she's the sole composer for these games or others were involved too, but I've at least added her to the two Q3 albums for now.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 02:02 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Wow, that Q3 track is badass. In appreciation, here are the game's sound credits:

MUSIC & SE
LUNA UMEGAKI
AKIHI MOTOYAMA

MUSIC
FUMIO TANABE
MUTSUMI ISHIMURA

ENGINEER
YASUHIRO NAKANO

screenshots:
source: http://zoome.jp/koorinotata/diary/1 (The video quality is garbage, unfortunately, but all of these guys also worked together on Guardian's Crusade, so I'm positive I've got their names correct.)

Old Dec 1, 2010, 04:36 AM

awesome! someone else just directed me to this 2ch thread with credits, which i would have posted here, but you beat me to it :b

here's choro Q2's credits as well:

1997/02/21『チョロQ2』PS
  YASUHIRO NAKANO
  FUMIO TANABE(田辺 文雄)
  AKIHI MOTOYAMA(本山 明燮)
  LUNA UMEGAKI(梅垣 留奈)
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:06 AM

CHz! Someone I know found track credits

http://www21.atwiki.jp/gamemusicbest100/pages/1662.html

This page has breakdowns for both VOL.1 + 2. I've added all the credits to both albums already but if you like you could double-check 'em. Additionally, there's a page with credits for CHORO Q2, adding to my suspicion that a soundtrack for that exists out there somewhere as well.

http://www21.atwiki.jp/gamemusicbest100/pages/1678.html

Not surprised that Umegaki wrote most of my favourites, it's what I suspected all along.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 05:02 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Wow, I wonder where they got those? I guess it's possible there are liner notes, of course. I'm definitely not surprised at all that Umegaki wrote Choro Q City, heh (it still rules a lot).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz Lunar View Post
Additionally, there's a page with credits for CHORO Q2, adding to my suspicion that a soundtrack for that exists out there somewhere as well.

http://www21.atwiki.jp/gamemusicbest100/pages/1678.html
The Q3 page lists both of the soundtrack albums at the bottom, but the Q2 page doesn't list anything. Plus, the Q2 titles are kind of generic compared to the Q3 ones, in that they don't have subtitles and seem to just be named after the courses or other in-game usage. So I suspect that there isn't some long-lost Q2 OST, and the list is just compiled from a sound test or game rip or whatever.

That makes how they got the credits even more mysterious, though.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 08:12 AM

Thank you for the result of your research for this double OST is a / the my favorite of all time.
I am surprise, I always thought, little, that was fumio tanabee compose the majority of the song, but no.
Thanks to you, now i have search AKIHI MOTOYAMA and LUNA UMEGAKI, and i find great ost.
VGMdb community Thousand thanks