VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 25, 2008, 05:02 AM

I'd like to get Spencer's artist photo updated with the pic from the back cover of this album. Could someone who has this album re-scan the front and back in higher quality? Thanks in advance.

Great album, one of my favorites!
Old Dec 30, 2008, 12:37 AM

Yeah great album for sure. And his picture is still missing by the way.

Album flows quite well throughout. Very beautiful and extremely soothing. Absolutely love deception, blue dream, st. gabriel's mask, mountains below, aqua vistas, motion e, the machine (Does this sound very familiar to something from Eternal Arcadia to anyone?), and sounding echo.

Just wish the guy did more VGM.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 06:51 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I've uploaded a relatively recent picture of him.

And yeah, the Ecco games had some of the best new age VGM I've ever heard. It's a shame Spencer is not working in the industry anymore, yet he still did compose a few other soundtracks while at Sega. I've compiled info on his game credits here if you're interested. If you haven't heard it yet, I'd definitely recommend checking out Batman Returns.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 11:27 AM

Heh he kind of resembles Phil Mickelson.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 07:44 PM

I added performer and additional composer information from the booklet (see scans "Booklet 5" and "Booklet 6")
Old Feb 28, 2010, 07:47 AM

I just added better quality scans (600 dpi) for this album.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 04:29 AM

After comparing the music on this album to rips of the two games, I realised that the album does not separate the music from the two games into two distinct batches, but instead alternates, almost from track to track. I have submitted a new list of which album track is from which game.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 04:34 PM

You might want to think more carefully about that. St. Gabriels Mask is definitely from Tides of Time. It plays during the minigame where you're going through rings in a 3D third person perspective.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 09:39 PM

Tracks 1 to 11 are from Tides of Time, while 12 to 18 are from the first game (17 is not used in the game itself, but still appears on the game disk). I have corrected the list of tracks from each game, and changed the track lengths to match those listed in the booklet

Last edited by OzoneOne; Mar 10, 2022 at 12:10 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 01:36 PM
VGMdb Administrator

@Elena : What is your source for the artists who "ed, jorge, sam, lisa, dave, gary, brian, jen" refer to in the thanks section?
Old Jun 12, 2021, 01:59 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
@Elena : What is your source for the artists who "ed, jorge, sam, lisa, dave, gary, brian, jen" refer to in the thanks section?
The special thanks are written on a full name basis here, other than that group of people. They're also the only people listed before "All@SegaSoft", segregating them from everyone else. It would be a stretch to call that a coincidence, especially when the only other instance of a first name basis here is Nielsen's own family, whose surnames are implicit.