VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Oct 5, 2012, 03:56 AM

I've added performers info to this album from this page.

Also, I've added an english tracklist but I'm not very satisfied with some of my efforts, specially with the following ones:

刻命の季節 = Season of Carved Life
This is the hardest one, this track name doesn't make much sense and I don't know how to translate properly. Any suggestion/help is welcome.

見知らぬ、旅路へ = Into a Unknown Journey
What disconcerts me about this track name is the placing of the comma, because it changes the entire meaning of the sentence. I sort of made up the tracktitle but I'm not sure if it's the real meaning of the original title.

たそがれは逢魔の時間 = Time of Evil Encounter at Dusk
Well, this one was difficult to translate but I think it's fairly acceptable, although, I have my doubts.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 04:05 PM

I changed the track 38

Last edited by Phonograph; Aug 11, 2015 at 04:55 AM.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 11:33 AM

Well, I think I've got a better translation for "刻命" now. This term is used too in the game title "Kokumeikan", but Kokumeikan it has never been directly translated either into English.

At first, I settled for the reading of 刻命 (which is Kokumei, as the title suggests), but I began to think separately of the multiple meanings of those two kanjis in order to get a real translation of that term:

刻 (こく): time, carve, engrave.
命 (めい): fate, command, decree, destiny, life.

So, bearing in mind the sinister plot of the game and the doomed fate of its characters, I think the best translation for "刻命" would be "engraved fates", because the overall tone of the game is pretty gloomy. For now, I don't know a better translation, but I'm open to suggestions...

In short, 刻命の季節 = Season of Engraved Fates
Old May 17, 2016, 10:42 AM

maybe tracks 1,2,44 should have (Arrange Version) as written on back cover