VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 8, 2011, 01:19 PM

A couple things I noticed in the booklet that pertain to the list of performers I added:

- I left out recording engineers, studios, and operators from the list. I did add Takayuki Hattori, who is credited as a conductor. If any of this needs to be changed... go for it :P
- There is an instance of Shinji Koga and Shinnji Koga. I think one is an obvious typo, so I omitted Shinnji Koga.
- There is an instance of Shigemistu Eiso. While I kept this spelling, because I don't know who this is, this seems weird to me and I feel it's probably supposed to be Shigemitsu Eiso.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 02:29 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
I did add Takayuki Hattori, who is credited as a conductor.
We don't currently credit conductors as performers. Hopefully in the future, as roles are expanded, we'll have a better way of crediting them.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 03:46 PM

Good to know for any future mile-long performer lists I submit I've removed him.

Also, I am so confused about how to do booklet page numbering in scan titles. Originally I did it totally wrong for Comic Party and Cosmic Psycho and someone corrected it (thank you, whoever you are). Then I read the Submission Guideline Restructuring thread for scans and I see this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
-Booklets captions & numerotation-
The abreviation for "page" is "p." for a single page and "pp." for multiple pages.

There are multiple kinds of booklets, here are my propositions:
2 sides (4 pages booklets) (ex: here)
"Booklet Front & Back" and "Booklet Interior" for the reverse inner side.

2 sides (6 or more pages booklets)
This depends if the booklet have been scanned in a way we can merge/fix them or not. 2 solutions with examples:
* Non fixed scans here (Booklet Back & Side or Booklet Exterior Front & Side... / Booklet Interior pp. xx)
* fixed scans here (just a Booklet Exterior/Interior)
[ same method should be used with posters or large sheets ]

Other "normal" booklets with more than 4 pages
Here we can use the new "Booklet pp." captions, and just add the numbers of the pages in the second textbox. But again, carefull to:
* Numbered booklets
Always follow the numbers printed on the booklet. If the first page(s) is not numbered, you can use the previous numbers (ex: 00-01, if the first printed numbers are 02-03)
* Non-Numbered booklets
Always use "Booklet pp. 01-02" as the first pages, and not "02-03".
so I'm very confused as to why everything was renamed p.

o_O

Last edited by Hellacia; Jul 8, 2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:42 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
so I'm very confused as to why everything was renamed p.
o_O
Decision by committee? Actually, we needed an abbreviation that was the same for plural as for singular.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 07:23 PM

...sorry, Secret Squirrel, but I'm still just as confused, or even more so now :P The abbreviation for the singular isn't the same as the plural... it says right there that the abbreviation for singular is p. and the abbreviation for plural is pp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbreviation#Plural_forms

If you're saying that we should just always use p. I'm fine with that. I'm fine with whatever abbreviation we use. I just want to know which one. And if we're going to use p. then perhaps the submission guidelines thread for scans should be updated, because right now it's telling me to do pp.

Old Jul 12, 2011, 07:40 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Hmm, that section of guidelines was discussed in the thread, and after some debate, we decided to change that one. It looks like the change was never propagated back to that post. We're definitely just using "p." now.

http://vgmdb.net/forums/showpost.php...8&postcount=37
Old Jul 12, 2011, 09:24 PM

Sweet, thanks a lot for the info. p. it is, from now on.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 04:53 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Sorry about this, i just changed the OP of the scans guidelines.
The abbreviation for booklet pages is "p." and nothing else from now on.

Let's get back in topic.