VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 14, 2022, 01:54 PM

We got the "composers" credits (or most likely "music by" credit i.e.more like composers and/or arrangers) right there today!

So Shinobu Nagata did a lot of songs for the 2.0 update (Radio Exercises, all music for The Roost, most of the new 2.0 K.K. songs)! Kazumi Totaka also did some music for the update (Kapp'n songs, Harvey's Island).
And this release also explains why Sayako Doi is credited in-game whereas none of her tracks were featured in the first soundtrack: she composed the few non-Nagata new 2.0 K.K. songs.

Also, regarding the K.K. live performances, I expected Totaka having arranged them all but it turns out that, while having arranged most of them, a few of them from City Folk and New Leaf were arranged by Manaka Kataoka, Shiho Fujii and Atsuko Asahi.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalo View Post
And this release also explains why Sayako Doi is credited in-game whereas none of her tracks were featured in the first soundtrack: she composed the few non-Nagata new 2.0 K.K. songs.
That would be interesting, as all of the new K.K. songs weren't added / available until the 2.0 update released in November 2021, yet Doi was already credited on the original March 2020 release. This is just speculation on my part, but I wonder if this means that the new K.K. songs were already completed by launch, but held back on purpose?

Also, Shinobu Nagata was credited merely on two songs in the base game's soundtrack, so it would make a lot of sense if she was focusing on all the new 2.0 / K.K. content by then as well (unless, of course, she was also involved in other projects at the time, although she doesn't seem to appear credited in many game releases in recent years so it's hard to tell).
Old Jan 29, 2023, 12:38 AM

I'm assuming the reason Minegishi isn't credited on this album, despite contributing to several K.K. songs, is because he only did the aircheck versions.

It does raise some questions as to who wrote the melodies, and who did the arrangement, though.