VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 23, 2009, 07:45 PM

This is an anime album related, kind strange the release type "works", also I had no idea that Motoi Sakuraba was involved on this.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 07:53 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Well, "Works" is the designation for a composer's other works, which may be of interest to VGM fans, but which otherwise have nothing to do with games.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 08:16 PM

I submitted this album (with several more Sakuraba's anime works) because its bootleg had been already added.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 08:43 PM

This raises the question of adding Anime albums of composers that worked or works with VGM too, for example Shiro Sagisu composed Bleach which is an anime series, he also composed and composes VGM albums.

I thought the album release type "Works" was something personal or grouped by many VGM artists that had or has nothing to do with either Anime or VGM, by simply saying his released "works" album is not related to Anime or Video Game and yes something original created by him.

I must admit that I found this entry strange as "Works" at first now its clear but I'm still wondering if this entry will be set to Anime in the future. I just think it will be better that way.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 08:47 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, ultimately we still have to work out the details for how the classifications will be handled for anime.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 02:09 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroid View Post
This raises the question of adding Anime albums of composers that worked or works with VGM too, for example Shiro Sagisu composed Bleach which is an anime series, he also composed and composes VGM albums.
The idea behind works was basically as SS stated. In this case, since Sakuraba is mainly known as a VGM composer, and since he is a very well known one, any other works he has released would be placed under 'works' as they would likely be of interest to his fans. This would include; anime, film, solo works, whatever they may be.

The difference between him and for example Shiro Sagisu is that Sagisu is not primarily known as a vgm composer. Note that a composers works list/fame would have to tilt heavily in favor of vgm for them to be included in the 'works' concept. This is why, for example, Yoko Kanno is excluded.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 03:11 PM

Thanks seanne for sharing your opinion.