VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 21, 2018, 11:10 PM
VGMdb Advisor

The concertmaster of this concert is Yasushi Toyoshima, not Masatsugu Shinozaki. Toyoshima also performed in other concerts with Joe Hisaishi.

Btw, it's a shame that the 200-member of New Japan Philharmonic World Dream Orchestra aren't credited like in this WDO DVD.

Last edited by Revoc; Feb 21, 2018 at 11:20 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 03:18 AM
VGMdb Staff

Good catch. I seem to recall a Japanese user posting it was Shinozaki but I guess it was an error.

Also, this album would be insane if it had credits. 200 piece orchestra, 800 piece chorus, 160 piece marching band. I don't think I'd be brave enough to take on such a task.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 05:13 AM

I never understood the need to credit individual members of the orchestra here, unless they are featured. But that's just me...
Old Feb 22, 2018, 05:20 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEpon View Post
I never understood the need to credit individual members of the orchestra here, unless they are featured. But that's just me...
Well, I mean, this is a database so the more data the better.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 05:13 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
Also, this album would be insane if it had credits. 200 piece orchestra, 800 piece chorus, 160 piece marching band. I don't think I'd be brave enough to take on such a task.
Absolutely. Especially the chorus would be impossible, but at least the orchestra would be nice. Most of the performers played in other WDO concerts.

I've checked again the making of the concert and noticed some interesting things. Internally, the performers are listed in some way. In this shot, it's possible to see the family kanji names of Yuko Yamaguchi and probably Eriko Miota.

Besides Ritsuyukai Choir and The Little Singers of Tokyo, there is this Publicly Gathered Choir (?).

Also, the marching bands are credited.

Old May 6, 2019, 04:22 PM
Trusted Editor

- Deleted both tracklists and split this up to actual tracks. The previous tracklist was just grouped by the film they were from and on the BD they are all separate chapters. There isn't a numbered tracklist on the case or in the inserts but there is an ordered tracklist in the format

FILM
[tab]TITLE
[tab]TITLE
... repeat til next film

hence why I broke it up into individual tracks.

Also added lyricists that are credited on-screen for the vocal tracks.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 06:29 AM

Hi there! First of all, I want to thank you all so much for this phenomenal website, it's one of the reasons I got invested so much into game and movie soundtracks in the recent years… (I mean, who doesn't love an accurately-tagged album?)

I'm currently tagging a version this concert (manually, since it has 3 additional intermittent tracks where they talk) and found that there's an extra track in the Japanese tracklist!

Track 19 (母と海の讃歌, A Song for Mothers and the Sea) appear neither in the concert nor the English tracklist — I guess it slipped in by mistake, so I took the liberty of submitting a new tracklist where I removed this track…

If there's something wrong with my submission, please let me know!