VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 12, 2013, 02:58 PM

Default Tomonori Asakawa (#3635)

It's quite obvious that this artist is the same as this one. Aside from both of them being harpists, let's see other reasons that lead me to believe this:

Source 1 Source 2 These two sources verify that 浅川朋之 is just a variation of 朝川朋之 (both can be read as Tomoyuki Asakawa).
Furthermore, in this album, which is part of the 'Haibane Renmei' product appears credited Tomoyuki Asakawa (朝川朋之) while that in these two it's Tomonori Asakawa (浅川朋之) the harpist credited.

In the case of the two Revo's singles Tomonori Asakawa is directly credited under his romanized form, so I can't prove anything, but it's much more likely that someone could erroneously romanize 朋之 as Tomonori than there is one harpist with a name so similar to the omnicredited Tomoyuki Asakawa. Sincerely, I don't think so.

IMHO, someone should merge them.

Last edited by isdapi; Mar 12, 2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 03:25 PM
VGMdb Administrator

As soon as I saw the title of the thread, I was like "this is going to be a duplicate of Tomoyuki Asakawa, isn't it?" And then I see that I made this entry. :[

I've seen some absolutely terrible readings on Discogs, but yeah, the Haibane Renmei albums and the fact that he's credited correctly as Tomoyuki on other Revo albums definitively show it's the same guy. Tomonori is a weird reading for 朋之 anyway. I'll get to mergin'.

I'm actually not even sure where I got the kanji 浅川朋之 from in the first place, since the only albums we had when I made this entry were the Revo ones, and the credits are all in English.