VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 17, 2011, 07:47 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Does anyone have an idea about what is on the 2nd Disc ?
Old Jun 17, 2011, 02:15 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Neither the packaging nor the website indicate this came with more than one disc, and freedbtest's entry only has one disc containing all the tracks, so I'm not sure. EGG MUSIC's multi-disc releases usually differentiate between the discs with "Disc A" and "Disc B," and there's none of that here. The only difference I could find besides the color is a small star next to the catalog number on the blue version.

The website for the album says that there was a manufacturing defect in the original pressing which caused noise in track 2, and that they replaced it with a fixed version later. So maybe one scan is the old version and the other is the new one?

EDIT: Unrelated, but there's also a pretty bad misprint on the staff page. Says the composer's name is "Kouichi Sato" when it's really Kouichi Suzuki (鈴木 幸一).

Last edited by CHz; Jun 17, 2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 02:34 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I confirm there's a tiny little "scratch" on track 2 (at 00:26, the track itself is 0:44 long..). That's generous printing another disc just for that.
Thanks for fixing the composer too.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 06:42 PM
VGMdb Administrator

So I found myself looking at the credits of Marchen Veil and Marchen Veil 2, and both credit a Kouichi Sato with sound, not Kouichi Suzuki. Kouichi Sato also shows up in the credits of DOME, and EGG MUSIC's soundtrack blurb for DOME says that 佐藤浩一 also worked on Marchen Veil 2. So it turns out that there is actually a person named Kouichi Sato, and the fact that another Kouichi S. worked at System Sacom and was interviewed for this album is just a coincidence. They both worked on Gekitotsu Dangan Jidousha Kessen: Battle Mobile.

So yeah: an illustrative example of why to be really careful about associating aliases instead of jumping to conclusions. Sorry about blowing this one, guys.