VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:09 AM
VGMdb Staff

@Mokona
King Records/Starchild Records/KING AMUSEMENT CREATIVE albums should not be linked to King Record, Co. Ltd as a distributor.
It's best to follow what is already in use in the DB, rather than add inconsistencies. In many cases when the distributor is the parent (or related company) of the label it is not added.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:31 AM

@nstz
Lantis/etc albums should not be linked to BANDAI NAMCO Arts as a distributor.
It's best to follow what is already in use in the DB, rather than add inconsistencies. In many cases when the distributor is the parent (or related company) of the label it is not added.

(do as I say, not as I do ;p)
Old Aug 2, 2019, 02:34 AM
VGMdb Staff

Except that Lantis albums already have BANDAI Namco Arts/Bandai Visual linked as distributor on all albums. I only say that the credits should be kept consistent within a single label (similar to my comment on ariola previously).
Old Aug 2, 2019, 03:16 AM

it's not either one or other

if you unlink king, you unlink bna too
if you let bna linked, you must relink king

otherwise you take part of the inconsistency you tried to avoid, contradictory
Old Aug 2, 2019, 03:31 AM
VGMdb Staff

King Record, Co. Ltd. is already unlinked from King/Starchild releases (out more than 100 pages of King/Starchild releases, only about 5 pages worth had King Record, Co. Ltd. linked). I only removed those cases so that it's consistent within King.

With different companies we have different inconsistent "standards" for linking imprint/publisher/distributor (as you are already aware), I only try to keep it consistent within a single label/company.