VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Edits Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 28, 2022, 12:31 AM

Quote:
'Fixing' disc 3 track 13's Romaji title; for unknown reasons, the JASRAC version of the title is not actually the 'decoded' version of the title, and this is what the katakana read as.
@rtg142857 raTEoREkiSImeAra
rao kimera TERESIA
Old Jun 28, 2022, 12:44 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
'Fixing' disc 3 track 13's Romaji title; for unknown reasons, the JASRAC version of the title is not actually the 'decoded' version of the title, and this is what the katakana read as.
@rtg142857

Your submission has been rejected.

Type: track edit
Reason: Refer to Phonograph's explanation above.

If you feel the rejection is in error, please post further information or evidence here.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 04:00 AM

I'm aware that the decoded version of the title is rao kimera TERESIA; however, that is not what the JASRAC title reads in romaji.

The JASRAC-tweaked title is ラテオレキシメレア (not ラオキメラ テレシア). This can be seen on the JASRAC site itself (see a screenshot here - unfortunately I don't know any way to directly link to an entry that doesn't throw an error).
ラ = ra, テ = te, オ = o, レ = re, キ = ki, シ = shi, メ = me, レ = re, ア = a.

For almost all tracks, the JASRAC title read in romaji is equivalent to the decoded title, but that is not the case here. Since the page's tracklist is titled 'Romaji' rather than 'English (decoded)' or equivalent, my understanding is that it makes more sense to list the track as the JASRAC title directly in romaji, rather than its actual decoded significance.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 04:55 AM
VGMdb Staff

The tracklist isn't just copy-pasted from JASRAC, but modified (hence the "tweaked" in the title). The fact that JASRAC didn't provide the decoded version of this title doesn't prevent us from having a decoded version of the title. The title in our tweaked tracklist did actually read ラオキメラ テレシア before, but someone (incorrectly) changed it to ラテオレキシメレア in 2018 and that has been reverted back now.

Last edited by nstz; Jun 29, 2022 at 05:20 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 06:16 AM

That makes sense. I misunderstood what 'JASRAC-tweaked' meant, I thought it was 'tweaked according to how JASRAC writes it' or something similar. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 06:43 AM

the romaji tracklist is more like a desawanization, for a better comprehension of the tracklist (like jasrac tweaked)
technically it's not really romaji, it should maybe be renamed romaji (from jasrac) tweaked