VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 22, 2010, 06:39 PM

Proposed a new name change to Gran Turismo Sound Collection ~MUSIC~ Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Original Game Soundtrack, since that is what it says on the album cover. Agreed, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Original Game Soundtrack sounds nicer, but it's what it says on the tin.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 03:16 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Considering how the Castlevania album was handled, I think we should go for "GRAN TURISMO 5 Prologue ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDTRACK" since it's the official english title given on the obi and the sides of the back (both, in english and in japanese). Sony Music lists this album under the proposed title, too. link
Moreover, there are no tildes on the cover, so the title we have right now, is not completely correct, anyway.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidBeast View Post
Considering how the Castlevania album was handled, I think we should go for "GRAN TURISMO 5 Prologue ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDTRACK" since it's the official english title given on the obi and the sides of the back (both, in english and in japanese). Sony Music lists this album under the proposed title, too. link
Moreover, there are no tildes on the cover, so the title we have right now, is not completely correct, anyway.
Exactly my opinion, "GRAN TURISMO 5 Prologue ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDTRACK" or "Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Original Soundtrack" if anything different. But that's the title.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 07:41 AM
VGMdb Advisor

It's also on the disc, tray, booklet, etc... so I've changed it.

The 'Gran Turismo Sound Collection ~MUSIC~' looks more like a fancy description/eyecatcher than a title.