VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 8, 2013, 06:49 PM

That's so weird. Several months ago I ordered (or at least I thought that's what I ordered) The War of Genesis III PART1 + PART2 Original Sound Track from auction.co.kr and when the package arrived I didn't open it, instead just set it aside. Only now, months later, I got around opening the box and what I found inside was this PoP soundtrack, along with Softmax 10th Anniversary Original Sound Track and a bunch of RPG games which I've never heard of (published in Korea). Also apparently I didn't order the War of Genesis III soundtrack but rather the game itself, on 4CDs, well at least that's what arrived in the box. Not sure if those things were all bonuses of some sort and frankly I'm not going to try and figure it out. Whatever, the whole thing was pretty cheap anyways.

The info I could find about this CD release is from official publisher website: http://www.intralinks.co.kr/buy/poptfs_pc.asp
Looks like it was included with PC version only, or maybe that's the only version that was published in Korea.

On this site they say something about "on-reservation sales event benefits being presented to the OST of the game through the mall."
The translation is handled by Google and is probably not very accurate. But maybe what they were saying is that the CD is an early purchase/pre-order bonus.

The tracklist is identical to this version http://vgmdb.net/album/19401
But the composer is different for each. Which one is right, which one is wrong I don't know.

Here are some photos from the web and a single unedited pic of a cover.
http://videogamerx.gamedonga.co.kr/f...87/001/ost.jpg

EDIT: PC was not the only version published in Korea, found a pic of Xbox360 case along with soundtrack CD.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg POPTFS_10.jpg (144.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg POPTFS_12.jpg (140.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 360OST.JPG (87.4 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by MiLO; Jan 8, 2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 05:41 AM

Which game it came with decides which is right.

Tom Salta composed the music for the Wii/PSP/DS.
Steve Jablonsky composed the music for the PS3/XBOX 360/PC.

Going by the XBOX pictures and your mention of the PC.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:21 PM

The games are:
Panthalassa (판타랏사) : The Alternative Noah [PC] 1997
Xenoage Plus (제노에이지) : The Road of Conviction [PC] 2003
Ys II: Ancient Ys Vanished – The Final Chapter [PC] 2000
Forgotten Saga (포가튼사가) [PC] 1997
The War of Genesis Online Project ARENA - Beta disc [PC] 2010 (?)

So the back cover of this Korean CD credits Tom Salta incorrectly? Looks like it does.

Also I think the Notes from the parent album don't really apply to this one - it's not a DVD, it's a CD.

Last edited by MiLO; Jan 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:18 AM

By the game is comes with I meant system version of Prince of Persia.

Yeah it looks like the Korean credited him incorrectly.

http://www.tomsalta.com/discography.html

Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands (Wii, PSP, DS) Ubisoft

As a side the notes are weird anyways. Calling things a subset yet none of the tracks are the same or by the same artist seems wrong.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:36 PM

It came with no Prince of Persia game, no PC, no Xbox360 version, just a CD case (the same as on the photos above) with the disc inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
As a side the notes are weird anyways. Calling things a subset yet none of the tracks are the same or by the same artist seems wrong.
Maybe I'm missing here something, but at least the track names and I can confirm the track lengths are the same as http://vgmdb.net/album/19401.
So the only thing they did get wrong is the composer's name.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:37 PM

I thought the 3 bottom images were yours of the game it came with.

The link of 19401 has this at the bottom
"Tracks are a subset of "Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands Original Game Soundtrack", even though the track titles differ."

which refers to this listing.
http://vgmdb.net/album/19028

Not a subset.

Yeah, it just looks like a mistake on the composer.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:27 PM

Ah no, the 3 images are from Google, they popped up as I searched for the album's info.
The image that is actually from me is the scan of the Disc.

And yeah I don't get the notes about subset tracks either. They are by a different composer and have different titles, so what does it mean that they are subset? Maybe I'm retarded, but I don't get it.