VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 1, 2008, 11:06 AM

Should this be listed as a reprint of FSCA-10056, since the tracks are not remastered and are exactly the same?
Old Jun 3, 2008, 08:10 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Indeed it should assuming there was no remastery at all, and everything I've read indicates there isn't, so I hooked it up to its parent.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 05:02 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Does linking this as a child album to a parent album limit some of the fields? For example, "Products represented," this one technically REPRESENTS Star Ocean: Second Evolution for PSP. But of course, the First Smile print does not. And I can't seem to make the change at this point.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 05:21 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Hmm, yeah the product field, along with several others, is linked to the parent. This was done because, in the vast majority of cases, you want to propagate any changes to the product from the parent to the children without making extra work for the updater.

This is the first case I've seen where a case could be made that the child album references a different product. We'll have to decide what to do about this.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 06:14 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I would recommend de-linking it as a child album, and instead just referencing in the notes that its full musical content is a direct port of the First Smile print. The fact that it sports a different title, new cover art, and is marketed technically for the PSP port, suggests that it should not be linked.

(if only they had added a bonus exclusive track, we could've avoided this conundrum. Ah well...)