VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:30 AM

Wondering if there's a source as to where these names came from: Nightswim, Fin Leavell, Felix Chang, Paul Lapinski, Tim Grisnik, AES, Andi Bissig, Alessandro Moreni, Daniel Stocker, Carlo Moreni

They're parenthesized under 'Video Game Orchestra'.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 11:03 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Someone messed up the linking of artists...

Should be "Nightswim (Fin Leavell, Felix Chang, Paul Lapinski, Tim Grisnik), Video Game Orchestra (Masato Itoh, Fay), AES (Andi Bissig, Alessandro Moreni, Daniel Stocker, Carlo Moreni), The OneUps (Mustin, William Reyes, Tim Yarbrough, Jared Dunn)".

There's also some trouble because if i am right, we currently can't link artists to non-existing units in the database.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 11:12 AM

Yes, that comes from combining the credits of both "World 1-2" and and "World 1-2: Encore". Now that I look at it, it looks like I fucked it up, as I thought they were two different Video Game Orchestra on the albums, and it looks like the only new one to the combo is Masato Itoh, so I should have combined the two of them. I'll fix it up right now.

As to why everyone else is parenthesized under the Video Game Orchestra, well, it looks dissident93 made a mistake when linking up the performers in the database, as Nightswim and AES are both units independent of Video Game Orchestra. I guess there were too many parenthesis in there . If you look at the actual info entered in the database it shows up like it should.

EDIT: Errr, yeah, what Myrkul said. No new post warning... -_-

Last edited by Lashiec; Sep 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 12:23 PM

Ah, makes complete sense now. I figured those names were familiar!

Thanks for putting these two albums up (so I didn't have to :V)
Old Sep 21, 2013, 01:38 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
Someone messed up the linking of artists...

Should be "Nightswim (Fin Leavell, Felix Chang, Paul Lapinski, Tim Grisnik), Video Game Orchestra (Masato Itoh, Fay), AES (Andi Bissig, Alessandro Moreni, Daniel Stocker, Carlo Moreni), The OneUps (Mustin, William Reyes, Tim Yarbrough, Jared Dunn)".

There's also some trouble because if i am right, we currently can't link artists to non-existing units in the database.
oops, thought they all went under the VGO group!

guess we have to make the group profiles now.

EDIT: ok it should be corrected now.

Last edited by dissident93; Sep 21, 2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 06:56 PM

Don't know what tracklist breakdown will look like for CDs, but digital version looks like this:
Spoiler:
Very good arrangements btw, I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Last edited by MiLO; Sep 21, 2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 03:35 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I don't personally own the physical version (I have the digital complete set) but I contacted Koopa Soundworks and they confirmed for me where the track splits are for the three discs, so I added the tracklist. For verification purposes:

https://twitter.com/robokick/status/398954276099473408