VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 9, 2009, 08:23 AM

Where can this album be downloaded? It says it is a free digital release, but I couldn't find it by googling. Or if someone could upload it to megaupload or something, I'd appreciate it. Thanks. The 4,5 star rating got me interested.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 03:56 AM

I don't know if this is online anywhere any more (it was at one point, though I don't know where - I got it directly from Tony.) I suggested he put it up somewhere with some covers and get a bit more recognition for it, but he's not done that (thus far.)

I'll gladly megaupload it, providing it isn't against the rules of this site. It's a free release, so I expect it's okay, but I'd rather make sure. It's great IMO. He's also done some F-Zero X songs using a SNES F-Zero soundfont I made too! No proper release for those at the time writing though.

EDIT: I asked him again, he directed me here - http://mrfixitonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=4425 - though I don't know how permanent that link is.

Last edited by Blitz Lunar; Apr 10, 2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz Lunar View Post
He's also done some F-Zero X songs using a SNES F-Zero soundfont I made too! No proper release for those at the time writing though.
Now, that would be really interesting to hear. Too bad it isn't released, tho...

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!
Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:18 AM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

Thanks for sharing Blitz Lunar.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 01:05 AM

Thanks a lot for the link, Blitz Lunar! Sounds great.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:23 PM

Someone should make some album artwork for this greatness... or does Tony Thai have a general image for all his work?

Edit: I asked him if there was anything available, & he said I could make one if I want. I'll upload it tomorrow.

Last edited by Jedi QuestMaster; Jul 6, 2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:25 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

So all the covers are fan-made (does that include the disc scan? this one looks realistic -yeah i know it's a digital release-)

It should be written on the notes or the covers should notice it (we never accepted fan made covers so far)

And where do you got that catalog number "QS-FZ-001" ?
Old Jul 12, 2009, 03:26 PM

Yes, they are - but I've been contacting Tony Thai about it (so does that make it official?).

I showed him the pics before uploading. As for the CD - I had it printed out (as well as the rest of the artwork). You can see it all here:

http://arc-solemn.deviantart.com/gallery/

The catalog number I made up myself - Tony didn't say anything. QS is short for Quest (my psuedo-company name) FZ is for F-Zero, & it's 001 because it's my first label.

If I did, say, a Star Fox Arrangement cover next, it would be QS-SF-002.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:38 PM

This was Nintendo approved?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 07:50 PM

This was definitely not Nintendo approved. This kind of stuff never is.

I hate to make this thread sound like ffshrine, but I was wondering if anyone still had the original download for this and could upload it somewhere? Any old link is old enough to be gone, and I don't think I'm alone in saying that YouTube videos don't cut it.

Ooh, by the way, mrfixitonline is gone, sadly. Fortunately the F-ZERO guys over there managed to rebuy fzerocentral.org and everything was moved there. With the link in BlitzLunar's post above, you could even replace "mrfixitonline.com" with "fzerocentral.org" and go right to the thread. ...That's the thing... the link's dead. : (

edit: This Illusion is from Falcon Densetsu; Climax's is a bit different, though the original is still in the code as with most of the Falcon Densetsu music. And Kenji Hikita is credited for both games, of course.

edit2: This isn't really like F-ZERO X, you know. We know. We all know. It's just good, really good for reasons I guess only I know.

Last edited by Despatche; Mar 11, 2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 07:50 AM

http://midiman.reztech.org/music/arr..._Arrangements/

no promise that this is a permanent location either unfortunately!
Old Dec 15, 2023, 11:07 PM

Made changes respecting my digital version ive found today.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 10:03 PM

Where did you get/when did he do a 13 Sand Ocean (Live Guitar Version)?!

Looking back at this, I feel really sleazy putting my own catalog number on someone else's album.

I also think the artwork kinda sucks. I think I had the right idea blending F-Zero with F-Zero X imagery, but I wish I had better scans of the F-Zero X logo.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi QuestMaster View Post
Where did you get/when did he do a 13 Sand Ocean (Live Guitar Version)?!

Looking back at this, I feel really sleazy putting my own catalog number on someone else's album.

I also think the artwork kinda sucks. I think I had the right idea blending F-Zero with F-Zero X imagery, but I wish I had better scans of the F-Zero X logo.
Ive got it somewhere on the deeper parts of the Internet (without going into detail where) and the spectrums look legit as well (FLAC Quality).

I have no contact to Tony Thai so maybe he just secretly put it out at some point?

Edit: After some digging ive found that he did in fact Posted the Song afterwards on YouTube.
Case solved i guess? Just waiting for Approval.

Last edited by kobayashi90; Dec 18, 2023 at 12:01 AM.