VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 5, 2016, 04:00 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I think all of Yonder Voice's albums should have their catalog numbers written without the dash separator. Evidence is from the disc image of Lunatic Heavens, which shows YVCDN0001. This is consistent with their blog posts and SoundCloud uploads.

The only time we enforce a separator between stem and number is when that's the convention used on the official site, or the majority of vendor sites, or a limited selection of albums in a catalog run deviate from the norm, e.g. KICA and LC albums.
Old May 5, 2016, 08:58 PM
VGMdb Staff

If that's the case, there are certainly other labels that never have the dash but it was always enforced here (e.g. La-La Land has a space instead). I assume correcting those would be alright as well?
Old May 5, 2016, 08:59 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, just do a check to see if it's consistent everywhere.
Old May 5, 2016, 09:06 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I've always been under the impression that we change them regardless. I'm fairly sure there are other labels where this was applied, not just La-La Land, although I can't really remember which ones since it's not such a relevant detail.

If that is the case, the text in the submit/edit page about the catalog should be changed as well since it says otherwise, or at least it's open to interpretation. I've actually always thought it was nice this was one of the few rules we have clearly written and was usually enforced, together with the "don't repeat numbers after the tilde" rule.

Last edited by Illidan; May 5, 2016 at 09:29 PM.
Old May 5, 2016, 09:32 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah it should be made clearer that this rule is intended for catalogs with a clear pre-existing convention on official/vendor sites that differ from the printed ones.
Old May 5, 2016, 09:41 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Changing the "intent" bit to "where it is a convention" like the rule above should be enough. Anyway I've changed these back, if I remember the other labels I'll change those too.