VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 3, 2014, 07:44 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Default VICL-838: Taiho Shichauzo ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK I

@Phonograph: Are you sure it's Idol? You can translate it either way, but Idle Speed makes more sense to me in this context, unless it's something from the anime I don't know.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 08:00 AM

I don't see how "idle speed" makes sense
idol speed makes more sense because that track is used in ep.33 where there is a male idol driving a car quite fast
Old Jul 3, 2014, 08:08 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Well it could make sense, but I never saw the anime so I didn't know :P Thanks for the answer.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 08:16 AM

by "idle speed" making no sense, I was speaking about the anime
it's an anime about policewomen trying to stop fast drivers etc. (not only those two ones, but mainly)
so "idle speed" makes no sense for the anime (I saw ova, 1st season, 2nd one, full throttle and even the boring eps)
and there are a lot of chases (just wating to add precisions)
Old Jul 3, 2014, 02:13 PM
Trusted Editor

I'm sorry but it is not "idol" here; "idle" is right.

Why?
1. Look at all 3 TV soundtracks' tracklists. It is all related to car parts/accessories, driving terms in general (turn signal, silencer, autobahn, parking light, front spoiler, footrest, vanity mirror, etc...). So it makes sense that it is "idle speed" which is also a driving term. "idol" is out of place here, just considering the tracks themselves,

2. it reads "idol" as well and would be related to episode 33? There's no denying that "idol" is a valid reading but this track is not related to episode 33. The very first time we hear it, it is in episode 5 (aka TV series episode 1; aired 02.11.1996), second time in episode 8 (aired 23.11.1996), etc... That's way before episode 33 (aired 24.05.1997, long after OST I and even OST II release),

3. Episode 33 does not contain this track at all, so any hypothetical "link" between this episode (and the male idol "car chase") and this track is not receivable.

Reference:
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-...nim_taiho.html (air time of season 1 episodes)
http://victorentertainmentshop.com/p...em_cd=VICL-838 (Victor website, 逮捕しちゃうぞ オリジナル・サウンドトラック I, samples available for listening)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fulYhg6xjvo (episode 5, track starts at 16:01)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw80EO8-GQ4 (episode 8, track starts at 16:27)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yOISwhQNVs (episode 33, no this track)

Not related to this track anymore but, Phonograph, you might have far memories about this anime because the TV serie mainly focus on daily life of city police officers and there are not that many races/fast drivers as you say. Same goes for season 2. It is mostly humoristic drama/slow paced show.

Maybe you're mistaking it with EX-DRIVER...?
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:06 PM

so what's the track in ep33 at ~16:25, it seems similar to me
I still don't get why idle speed would use for that anime, just for the fun of having vehicle terms etc?

in my memory, there are a lot of pursuits (it's true I watched it years ago) and I never watched ex-d
edit: I forgot to mention I had remembered/rewatched the idol ep when I had seen the tracklist with idol/idle for cd-box so that's why I used it as a reference

Last edited by Phonograph; Jul 3, 2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 10:50 AM
Trusted Editor

The track in episode 33 at the beginning of the chase is "オーバーヒート" (Overheat) from OST II (track 4). They cut the first 20 seconds. Many tracks can be heard not in their full lenght in the show; some parts are cut to fit timing better...

"Idle speed" should be chosen over "Idol speed" for the reasons given before. And as Illidan said, it fits the context and, to me, more the way they named tracks for the OST; their names are revolving about driving/car.

Again, "idol" could fit if it was a track made specially for episode 33. But it's not. The track is a generic action theme used throughout the serie.

Reference
http://victorentertainmentshop.com/p...em_cd=VICL-840 (逮捕しちゃうぞ オリジナルサウンドトラック Ⅱ. Can listen to sample track 4)
Old Jul 4, 2014, 11:07 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah that's what I meant with context. Thanks a lot for the research Daemonskald, I gave the samples a quick listen and everything sounds correct.

Fixed it here too (japanese tracklist from flyingdog).
Old Jul 25, 2014, 09:48 AM

Those 6 last tracks marked as BGM are talk tracks: 4x is women shouting "Hazure Desu" and then goes jingle (21,22,24,26), 23 & 25 are mono drama talk without music.
In windows media player are all six tracks marked as: 証言 (シークレット・トラック)
BGM title is little bit misleading.