VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 4, 2008, 10:17 PM

Default Tagging question: arrangements

So, say you have a track composed by someone, and that track has been arranged by another person. Is it proper etiquette to (tag&rename speaking) put the original composer in the "Composer" field and the arranger in the "Artist" field? A pretty simple question, but it's something that's been niggling at me for some time now. =/

Here are two examples:

This shows a track that has not been arranged/has been arranged by the original composer.

This shows a track that has been arranged by a person who is not the original composer.

All is good, yes? The "Original Artist" field is ignored? =X

(Oh, and moderators, perhaps this thread could be given a generic title such as "Tagging queries" or something, and could become a sticky? I know it would get used hardly ever, but I think it'd be convenient to a certain degree, in case people needed help tagging.)