VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:50 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I changed this release from Digital to CD, as it seems Sumthing Else will release the 27th of this month.
Catalog number "should" be SE-3019-2.
Strangely it's not available everywhere, it have not been announced officially unlike Darksiders II.

My main source is amazon.de
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:23 AM
VGMdb Staff

Why keep the iTunes link, since this isn't iTunes release anymore?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:20 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I am agree with you. I am personally against posting links to digital releases for CD album entries.
Though people have been adding this kind of links again & again. I am not bothering anymore.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:49 AM

I'd like to defend myself as one who has been adding digital release links. I had gotten the impression that if a digital release exactly mirrors a CD release, then it should not have its own entry. On the other hand, it's worthwhile for the availability of such a release to be mentioned in this database, as it is not always obvious that these things exist, given the lack of exposure, poor entry, etc.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:15 PM
VGMdb Staff

Here's how I see it - yeah, if the digital release is completely the same as the CD, no need for a separate entry, but instead of putting links to digital releases on a physical release entry, I would rather mention digital release in the notes (specifying the distributor and price of course).

I say this because some of my earliest CD entries (probably just one or two) had the links for iTunes version, but those links were quickly deleted by a staff member, so in the learning process I figured this 'notes' approach would seem more appropriate.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:57 PM

According to the iTunes track list (which may not be the same for the new cd), other than capitalization changes, Disc 2 track 16 and Disc 2 track 35 have slightly different names.

UMBRELLA FACILITY
Umbrella Factory

ATROCITY (ORIGINAL VER.)
Atrocity