VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 11, 2009, 01:33 PM

Went ahead and followed Gigablah's example for the Street Fighter IV soundtrack.

Relevant info taken from here and tracklist taken from here (although I simply copy+pasted it from the original release).

Here's the Amazon page for the physical copy and the Sumthing Digital page for the digital one.

EDIT: The Amazon listing actually offers a more accurate tracklisting.

Last edited by PsychoZeke; Jun 11, 2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 04:22 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The tracklist is identical, so it should be a reprint (child album). I'll link them up.

Also, note that the "-2" after the Sumthing Else catalogue numbers doesn't actually refer to the number of discs -- it's just their standard format for some reason. SoundtrackCollector has this as SE-2051-2, so we'll go with that.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 04:46 PM

Capisco. =) I rarely check SoundtrackCollector seeing as it mostly covers movie scores.

Also, even though minimal, as per Amazon's tracklist, it seems to be different:

D1/02 Opening -Chris's Arrival- (Digital Ver.)
D3/17 Pray -Theme Song- (Digital Ver.)

The original release has both listed as (Original Ver.).

Would that make any difference?

Thanks.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 05:13 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The Sumthing Digital page allows you to listen to track 1-02, so if anyone has the Biohazard 5 soundtrack maybe they could compare and see if it's identical.

If the printed tracklist on the domestic release is indeed different, you could override the parent tracklist by adding a new tracklist to the reprint.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 06:38 PM

Track 1-02 seems to be the same; the sample cuts the beginning (apparently), so I'm not sure if the vocal part of it is included. However, track 3-17, 76 in the SD site, seems to be completely different from the domestic release. If anyone has this particular release and could corroborate if such is the case...

I'll leave the entry as-is for now.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigablah View Post
Also, note that the "-2" after the Sumthing Else catalogue numbers doesn't actually refer to the number of discs -- it's just their standard format for some reason. SoundtrackCollector has this as SE-2051-2, so we'll go with that.
It's a common way to distinguish between various formats (vinyl, CD, cassette), and is used by MANY record labels even though there is no vinyl is being released.

-1 (or nothing added at all) is vinyl
-2 is CD
-3 no idea!
-4 is cassette
Old Aug 2, 2009, 09:07 PM

I can probably compare these soon, I think I have both.