VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Apr 30, 2010, 05:08 AM

e-Capcom official site also lists Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero Limited Box and I'm not 100 percent sure if it warrants a separate entry. All I know is it depends on whether the packaging difference is so obvious or not, unless it has its own catalog number(s) (I assume it's INTIR-019~23 if ever).
Old May 5, 2010, 06:26 PM

The Limited Box casing appears to be the same as the box art for Mega Man Zero Collection. So I guess it wouldn't warrant an entry unless it had a special booklet or some such.

I really hope we get a tracklist soon. I love the Mega Man Zero soundtracks (And even have all four RTRZ albums), so getting this is a no-brainer.

EDIT: Cover added.

Last edited by DXAshram; May 10, 2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old May 15, 2010, 10:30 PM

I'm tickled by curiosity to know how can someone rate an album a 5 without having listened to it (seeing that it hasn't been released yet)? I've seem this occur a couple of times already, the R10 Image Soundtrack coming to mind.

Not trying to be an a-hole, but this type of "mindless rating behavior" should be hindered somehow.
Old May 16, 2010, 12:15 AM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoZeke View Post
I'm tickled by curiosity to know how can someone rate an album a 5 without having listened to it (seeing that it hasn't been released yet)? I've seem this occur a couple of times already, the R10 Image Soundtrack coming to mind.

Not trying to be an a-hole-in-one, but this type of "mindless rating behavior" should be hindered somehow.
KeyLogic agrees with ya there, he has also see this several times for yet-to-be-released soundtracks. I could understand it a bit more if this where an original soundtrack, since it's more then likely someone heard the music from the game, but to assume that an arrangement of those songs is going to be good is nonsensical.

Therefore, I'm changing my rating to 4/5.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.

Last edited by KeyLogic; May 16, 2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old May 16, 2010, 03:56 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Is this really going to be 9800 yen? That seems expensive for a 1 disc album.
Old May 16, 2010, 04:05 AM

9800 yen is the price of the box set. This album is 2000 yen.

http://www.inti.co.jp/cd/zeroc/index.htm
Old May 16, 2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoZeke View Post
Not trying to be an a-hole, but this type of "mindless rating behavior" should be hindered somehow.
I agree, but unfortunately a lot of rating behaviour on VGMdb is mindless (for example, endless 5s for imperfect albums, certain fan arrangers constantly rating their own works) and it isn't as troublesome as these other trends. I don't think it is reasonable to prevent ratings before the release (since some reviewers often get evaluation copies well in advance) and attempts to individually moderate ratings would open up a can of worms.
Old May 16, 2010, 06:41 AM
VGMdb Administrator

That's why we have the "popularity" metric (I should get around to adding this to the album pages) which decreases the individual weightage for voters who have a skewed vote distribution -- too many 5-star ratings and your vote's influence on popularity drops.

I could probably extend this to regular ratings as well...
Old May 17, 2010, 08:28 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigablah View Post
I could probably extend this to regular ratings as well...
That's what I prefer; replacing the average rating with a rating based on the popularity metric.
Old May 17, 2010, 06:48 PM

So, can we please get back on track?
Old May 17, 2010, 07:33 PM

Well, being totally on track with this particular album, why did you rate it 5-stars, anyway? You're one of the two (I guess that's why you'd rather change the subject). I'm rather curious to know what you enjoyed so much about an album that has not been released yet.
Old May 20, 2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medina View Post
Well, being totally on track with this particular album, why did you rate it 5-stars, anyway? You're one of the two (I guess that's why you'd rather change the subject). I'm rather curious to know what you enjoyed so much about an album that has not been released yet.
Because it's funny how much you people get bent over something as small as the ratings system, which gets abused like the red-headed stepchild it is all the time?
Old May 20, 2010, 06:59 PM

Actually, I wasn't getting bent out of shape at all, since I don't use the ratings system (I haven't rated anything and don't really plan to). I'm not much affected by any of its abuse, I was just curious about your reasoning. You could have possibly gotten a copy in advance, if you're a reviewer or something. Or you could have just assumed that this album was going to be gold because you're a huge fan of the previous Rockman Zero Remaster albums. You've rated the others 5/5 and even said that getting this one was a no-brainer, so this is the reasoning I had guessed.

"Let's see everyone get mad" isn't really a good reason to do something (actually it's nothing more than an immature joke), but if it's really the reason why I do still appreciate the honest answer.
Old May 20, 2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medina View Post
Actually, I wasn't getting bent out of shape at all, since I don't use the ratings system (I haven't rated anything and don't really plan to). I'm not much affected by any of its abuse, I was just curious about your reasoning. You could have possibly gotten a copy in advance, if you're a reviewer or something. Or you could have just assumed that this album was going to be gold because you're a huge fan of the previous Rockman Zero Remaster albums. You've rated the others 5/5 and even said that getting this one was a no-brainer, so this is the reasoning I had guessed.

"Let's see everyone get mad" isn't really a good reason to do something (actually it's nothing more than an immature joke), but if it's really the reason why I do still appreciate the honest answer.
Great post! I totally agree with the last sentence especially.
Old May 20, 2010, 08:27 PM

Hmm, well my English isn't always really perfect (the words I choose sometimes), so I really meant "prank" rather than joke I think, but thanks. Really didn't mean offense by any of this, but the whole scenario is a bit odd.

More on topic, I enjoy these albums as well, and I'm looking forward to this one's release, even if I won't give it a rating.
Old May 21, 2010, 09:14 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXAshram View Post
Because it's funny how much you people get bent over something as small as the ratings system, which gets abused like the red-headed stepchild it is all the time?
It's not a thing of "getting bent [out of shape]" but more a thing of actually being honest and truthful to oneself. Granted, you do what you want--we all have our own way of rating and reviewing albums, but sometimes it should be done responsibly and not just mindlessly like you were rating a YouTube video (back when they had the 5-star rating system, that is). Just because the rating system "gets abused" doesn't mean you have to do the same, on the contrary, you could make the difference and make others follow by your example.

This is simply an advice, not an attack or anything of the sort.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:31 AM

Bada-bing

01: Final Match
02: Departure – Mythos Ver. -
03: Esperanto – Mythos Ver. -
04: Sand Triangle – Mythos Ver. -
05: Resistance – Mythos Ver. -
06: Neo Arcadia – Mythos Ver. -
07: Enemy Hall – Mythos Ver. -
08: Hell’s Gate Open – Mythos Ver. -
09: Silver Wolf – Mythos Ver. -
10: Straight Ahead – Mythos Ver. -
11: I,0 Your Fellow – Interlude -
12: Everlasting
13: Area of Zero – Mythos Ver. -

http://www.inti.co.jp/cd/zeroc/index.htm
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:03 PM

Oooh, a lot of the final level remixes. I was hoping for a remix of "Fake", but this is definitely awesome. I want to hear the new Neo Arcadia remix. =D

Just had a listen to the remix of "Departure"... Wow. All I can say is wow.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 10:16 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Seems like a Rockman Zero "Gigamix". The arranges thus far are good but not particularly special. No unique charm to them. Not sure if I'll pick this up. When's the next Lu7 album coming out? ;}
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:03 PM

So, there actually happens to be a secret track on the album, "Cannon Ball -Mythos Ver.-". Anyone care to add it?
Old Jun 11, 2010, 09:21 AM

Why is there a Japanese track list? I don't (lol physically) own any of the RTRZ albums, so I guess I can't say whether they're provided a translated track list before. But I've definitely never seen one for any of the others.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 08:31 PM

Can anyone here give some sort-of review or impressions on how the remastered tracks sound compared to the original tracks?

Last edited by Vert1; Jun 11, 2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 09:30 PM

Original version vs. Remastered version

Basically, the remastered versions feature more full-sounding synths and don't sound like tinny handheld music. That's about it.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:05 PM

Agghhh. If only they got rid of that guitar. Looks like I'm going original.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 02:45 PM

Well, considering how good the music sounds in Mega Man Zero Collection since the music wasn't compressed, like in the GBA originals...

Mostly, the remasters are all done with real instruments and have more guitar and synths. The two best RTRZ albums, in my opinion, are IDEA and PHYSIS. They have the broadest range of musical styles.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 06:01 PM
VGMdb Administrator

A recent edit changed the arranger to:
Quote:
Ippo Yamada, Ryo Kawakami (III)
However, the 2nd page of the booklet just says III. What is the source for the extra arranger?
Old Aug 20, 2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
A recent edit changed the arranger to:

However, the 2nd page of the booklet just says III. What is the source for the extra arranger?

Booklet Front and Back. It's also been replicated in the Notes section. I only made that change because the other four Remastered albums share the same format (and same single arranger):

Luna Umegaki (III) [Only Luna is hyperlinked]

BTW, all of these types of albums have said III for the arranger of all tracks since the beginning, if only to faithfully represent everyone and/or for convenience. It only works here, the ZX Gigamix, and the Rockman 9 AST more than others because (a) there's more than one arranger, and (b) track-for-track specific arranger information isn't as clearly given as, say, the Rockman 10 Image Soundtrack.

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Aug 24, 2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 07:04 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Ok, I'll link them through. Thanks for clearing that up.