VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 16, 2010, 02:58 PM

whoa, it says "Symphony of the Night" on the disc. is "Nocturne in the Moonlight" on a bunch of other stuff? if not, could I go so far as to say that the former is the "official" English title? sure it's not a direct translation but it is close, think Touhou.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgb View Post
whoa, it says "Symphony of the Night" on the disc. is "Nocturne in the Moonlight" on a bunch of other stuff? if not, could I go so far as to say that the former is the "official" English title? sure it's not a direct translation but it is close, think Touhou.
Yes, but it also says Castlevania before it [on the disc]. As far as these games go, you're either naming them by their Castlevania or Akumajo Dracula title. Region of release takes a back seat on this one, especially since this Japanese OST (http://vgmdb.net/album/2947) has both types written on its obi, yet uses Castlevania on the cover both times instead of Akumajo and, in the latter instance, chooses the Akumajo subtitle instead of the Castlevania one. Therefore, Castlevania: Concerto of Midnight Sun is a hybrid of the Castlevania title and the Akumajo subtitle (instead of Harmony of Dissonance, the Castlevania subtitle).

In short, stick with what the cover tells you.

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Mar 16, 2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:45 AM
VGMdb Administrator

This is related to the discussion on titles we had a week ago (and which I need to get rolling again), but the "Nocturne in the Moonlight" seems to originate from the title screen of one of the Japanese games. So far though, I don't think we've seen a video of it.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 05:42 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Speaking of the scans for this album, please add the phrase "watermarked" when the images have user-generated text added to them, such as the "video game music union" text that is found on some of these.

Example: Disc (watermarked), Obi (watermarked), etc..

This is helpful to know, so that CLEAN images can be sought to later replace them.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 08:01 AM

Good point. As always, weird we don't have proper sexy scans given the number of people owning the thing. Hopefully I can scan mine soon to remove the adverts.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 03:17 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The translation "Nocturne in the Moonlight" has been removed as per this discussion.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 06:44 AM

I recently obtained a copy of this. I uploaded some scans so you can get rid of the ones with the watermark. These scans also include the registration card.