VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 13, 2009, 06:40 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Is the front album art supposed to be rotated like this?
Old May 13, 2009, 06:55 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I'm not a fan of rotating the booklet cover sideways like that, unless it really is a case shot (complete with Obi.)
Old May 13, 2009, 11:52 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Agreed. A physical CD case can be instantaneously rotated, so I assume they figured they could get away with printing it however they wanted and still have it readable. I assume they didn't actually intend it to be read sideways, especially when the art lines up with the text.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 11:23 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I reoriented the front scan on the original release and the reprint. The reprint still has an alternative scan with the old horizontal orientation.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 11:43 PM
VGMdb Staff

Shouldn't the display title say "Final Fantasy & Final Fantasy II" like it does on the front cover? I mean, it clearly doesn't say "Final Fantasy I".

I read it says "I・II" in Japanese on the Obi among one of few places, but that doesn't mean it should say "Final Fantasy I" on English, just because of that, does it?

Last edited by Nisto; Mar 3, 2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 06:11 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I think the front title is a better choice for this one, so good catch on this old error.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 06:29 AM
VGMdb Staff

Also, I've edited "Final Fantasy I, II" to "Final Fantasy Origins" in "Products represented" field, since this album is the original soundtrack of this collection.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 06:20 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I see Johann Strauss II and Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky are credited. Which exact tracks did they compose?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 06:53 PM

I believe 2-20 "Waltz" is Johann Strauss II's "Emperor Waltz" and 2-21 "Temptation of the Princess" is Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky's "Swan Lake". However I won't add this to the notes until someone can confirm.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 06:58 PM
VGMdb Staff

You're right, Muzza. This issue was discussed here. I think someone copied the credit information from All Sounds of Final Fantasy I • II album, but forgot to add the note about this detail.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:44 AM
Trusted Editor

I have questions about a couple of the booklet's credits for this album. The first one reads:
Quote:
Original phrase on track 26.27 (Disc2) written by Nobuo Uematsu
Are they only bothering to say this as some sort of indication that these were more or less composed by Tsuyoshi Sekito, and that they just contain the phrase from the original battle theme? These are the Battle Scene A and B tracks and I don't think they're present in the original game (soundtrack release here).

The next credit reads:
Quote:
Music & Arrangement on track31 (Disc2) : Tsuyoshi Sekito
Does anybody have any idea what track this is really referring to? There is no track 31 on disc 2, and I can't really narrow down which one Tsuyoshi Sekito may have written himself.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 06:20 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I'm not sure, but the reprint words it all a little differently, perhaps an errata:

http://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=16389

Original phrase by Nobuo Uematsu. It could be based on a musical theme or sentence that was further arranged by Sekito.

http://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=135935

Seems to have been corrected from Track 31 to Track 26&7
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:18 PM
Trusted Editor

Oh, okay. That's interesting. I guess later I'll do some scans and add something in the notes about the credits since they differ from the reprint. But I guess this means Tsuyoshi Sekito should be listed as a composer in these entries?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoc View Post
Also, I've edited "Final Fantasy I, II" to "Final Fantasy Origins" in "Products represented" field, since this album is the original soundtrack of this collection.
actually, it's not totally exact
this album is the ost for Final Fantasy (PS), Final Fantasy II (PS) and their Premium Package (PS) released one week before the games are out

Final Fantasy Origins is just the translation of both games
if the games had never been translated, so you couldn't use it as products represented
Old May 10, 2013, 11:37 PM

I'm not sure if you're supposed to post about this kind of thing, but I changed "Deep Place" to "To a Deep Place". The へ in 深き場所へ indicates direction and seems to have just been omitted, so I added it into the translation.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 04:28 PM

Soundtrack really packs a punch in the beginning basically from track 4 The Prelude to track 10 Town. Fantastic music. If you are going to listen to anything, definitely go for Opening Theme, Main Theme, Chaos Temple and Town. Main Theme is so energetic and fun and full of adventure! Chaos Temple I find to be very unique with a great melody mixed in with that memorable backing in which I can't find the words for, although overall it is definitely not chaotic.

FFII portion is slightly inferior. I really liked Temptation of the Princess on that side.

Overall pretty good. Nice beginning to the franchise's awesome music coming from Nobuo!

Last edited by BahamutZ; Sep 24, 2014 at 04:31 PM.