VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 8, 2010, 06:25 PM

I love the Secret of Evermore soundtrack. Is there anything else by this guy that is similar to it? I'm looking for something equally eerie and atmospheric. Not really interested in the bombastic orchestral scores that I keep hearing every time I go to check out his other stuff.

By the way, I'm getting some Twitter login request when I visit his artist page. Not sure if it's meant to be there or not. This Twitter stuff eludes me.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 06:35 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Hmm, are some people's Twitter feeds password-protected, so that only Twitter users can see them? Or is this just a temporary glitch in their service.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 11:56 PM

it's happening for me as well. very odd.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 03:46 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I'd recommend checking out the zOMG! soundtrack. It's quite varied in genres and is not Soule's usual orchestral style. And there are some eerie and atmospheric tracks.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 05:01 AM
VGMdb Administrator

His twitter account seems to be gone? It says the username doesn't exist.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 02:48 PM

Looks like he deleted the account or changed the name. And yeah, that's an issue with this implementation of the API, it bringing up a login prompt for accounts that no longer exist and accounts that are private (you have to be a twitter user and get permission from them to follow.)
Old Dec 1, 2012, 09:26 PM

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeremy...389?ref=stream

Posting a lot of interesting stuff here. Hmm some of it seems different then the current page linked.

Last edited by BahamutZ; Dec 1, 2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 07:13 AM
Trusted Editor

Now this is a disturbing article and I didn't read all of it, but as we're collecting info on composers and not just from their discographies, I feel like it should be shared and known, as the person affected decided to come out with it.

http://www.nathalielawhead.com/candybox/calling-out
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:40 PM

Kotaku has some more info including more women affected: https://kotaku.com/two-women-accuse-...ual-1837677315
Quote:
In March 2013, Soule raised $121,277 from over 4,200 fans on Kickstarter for a new album, but over six years later, he has still not delivered it in full. Yesterday, the album’s publisher, Materia Collective, announced they “terminated our working relationship with Jeremy Soule” and are “no longer involved in any aspect of” the album. Three women who spoke with Kotaku, including one of the accusers mentioned above, said they were offered work on that album, but that the deals fell through after they turned down romantic advances from Soule.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 01:45 PM

He also promised another album in April that never happened. He was even "putting the finising touches" on it.

It's funny, I always had faith in the KS being successful because "no way such a major name would f-up something like this, right?"

But yet, here we are.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 03:18 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I deleted a few posts in this thread, some of which had been talking about what's on and off topic here, so about that:

The facts are on topic. Moralization about burden of proof and court of law, the spectrum of opinion about accusers and alleged abusers, the effects of social media on these situations, and so on are not appropriate topics for this site. These are real things that harm people, assuredly including some members of this site, and it's extremely unlikely that we random nobodies on a music information site will actually have a productive conversation on this that deserves to be in the public record forever.

Nothing I deleted was outrageously offensive or anything, so don't take it as personal judgment on you if I deleted your post.