VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 28, 2015, 12:01 AM

Default Soundtracks on Steam

I just found out that we're accepting these here, so I was wondering what some of the guidelines should be in regards to submitting these albums, from the admins if possible.

A few points of interest...

* Soundtracks cannot be accessed even after paying or downloading (free), unless the user owns the game (not to mention they also have to download the game's files on top of that). I'm wondering if Valve may change this in the future...

* Some games have the soundtrack included with the game at purchase, but otherwise cannot be purchased standalone. Ex) Half-Minute Hero 2 The Second Coming. Would this be acceptable for submission?

* Pricing (yadayada, different currencies, prices could change). How should this be handled?
Old May 28, 2015, 04:31 AM
VGMdb Staff

For Steam soundtracks that are sold like DLCs (or the free ones if they still require owning the game), you put "enclosure". For the price, I thought it had to be a sum of the base game and DLC but apparently that's not the case so you put only the (initial) DLC price (it makes it easier, honestly) and in US dollars preferably (or another currency if it happens the thing isn't sold on the US Steam... but anyway, yes, put USD if you can because there isn't a multi-price option).

I did come to a realization that a new 'DLC' category would fit better instead of 'enclosure' but who knows if that will be implemented or not so you can create Steam DLC OST entries using the current way.

As for your point no. 2 (HMH2), yes, it's acceptable (still as an enclosure).

Last edited by Efendija; May 28, 2015 at 04:40 AM.