VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 23, 2016, 01:57 AM

I can't find any info on a few of the games, so if anyone knows more, feel free to correct.
Power Blade seems to be such a different game compared to the original Power Blazer, so I assume they used the original, if there is any difference in the music that is.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 02:11 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I imagine the two games you couldn't find info on are タイトー剣道ゲーム and 中国風ヴァンパイアゲーム? My guess is both of those are licensed games that Clarice didn't/couldn't get permission from the original publishers to reprint the branding of, so they genericized them. (Store blurb mentions that the second one is based on a film + TV show.)

Probably, kendo game is Musashi no Ken and vampire game is Kyonshies 2 (not sure about the romanization of this).
Old Aug 23, 2016, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
... vampire game is Kyonshies 2 (not sure about the romanization of this).
plural form of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiangshi (from https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82...82%B7%E3%83%BC)
Old Aug 23, 2016, 03:54 AM

Quote:
I imagine the two games you couldn't find info on are タイトー剣道ゲーム and 中国風ヴァンパイアゲーム? My guess is both of those are licensed games that Clarice didn't/couldn't get permission from the original publishers to reprint the branding of, so they genericized them. (Store blurb mentions that the second one is based on a film + TV show.)

Probably, kendo game is Musashi no Ken and vampire game is Kyonshies 2 (not sure about the romanization of this).
The copyright years for both games check out, so I'm sure you're right about that.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 05:20 AM

I changed "Cloud Master" to "Chuka Taisen" since the Famicom version has never been translated, and it is the Master System version that is called Cloud Master. The title screen says both "中華大仙" and "Chuka Taisen", which is why I didn't write "Chuuka".
Old Apr 13, 2021, 05:34 PM

Disc 1 Track 3 is actually Tokichi Setoguchi's Warship March. I feel like others are arrangements as well, but couldn't come up with any other.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 07:10 PM
VGMdb Administrator

@Akumu What's the source that Daisuke Asakura composed Takeshi no Chousenjou????
Old Apr 13, 2021, 09:47 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
@Akumu What's the source that Daisuke Asakura composed Takeshi no Chousenjou????
When I was working with ZUNTATA last year for the documentary and whatnot I asked about this specific game, and I forget if it was Shimoda or Toyama that told me but they remembered it as being Asakura who did this game, something to do with some type of sound modulation thing that he was good at.

This could still be a guess on their end though. I will ask them again for clarification. Feel free to remove until I get that.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 10:48 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I'd appreciate that, this is a huge and culturally vital discovery if true
Old Apr 16, 2021, 07:46 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
I'd appreciate that, this is a huge and culturally vital discovery if true
@CHz, just got off the phone with Toyama and Ishikawa from Taito. Basically the composer was a subcontractor at the time and was never credited, and Daisuke is a guess but they cannot say for sure hence why the credit is never officially recognized anywhere. Probably best to remove. They are actually gonna dig around and ask some former Taito staff if they know cause they want to figure out the mystery themselves.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 02:35 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

@Akumu If you haven't seen it already, a recent interview with the game's creator Hiroshi Fukutsu has him mentioning that he also composed its music, also crediting its arranger:
https://www.4gamer.net/games/999/G999905/20220618008/