VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Sep 3, 2016, 09:56 AM

I have a lot of bones to pick with this release.
First of, I wish I could remember where I bought this, so I could tell you all which website to no trust. At the time (2008) there was no info about this release, not even a tracklist, and in the website the only picture you had was a very small one, and it was not a scan of this one. Being it Devilman, and the sucker I am for it, I bought it.
What was my surprise that when it arrived my home, I open the package to see a cd case full of stickers of rented places, both in booklet and cd. (those had less, but plastic cd case is full of it like 10 code bar stickers). That website pointed out it was brand new sealed. And this was what I got...
Now the real issue is all the issues I have with First Smile and their affiliates-
This is basically.. Legends of Devilman (http://vgmdb.net/album/23634). They just picked the drama tracks from it, the theme track from Kuniaki Haishima and the vocal tracks, and made a new cd...
At the time if I knew this, I would million times buy "Legends of Devilman" because it is really worth the money for Kuniaki's music.
I do not recommend this Album to anyone, even if you like drama cds, go get the original.
First Smile, has this bad habit of doing things like these, naming the albums with something else that will lead you out to something else, and gain your money. Countless times they have done it.
Back in 2007 they announced the release of Sukeband Deka TV Drama soundtracks with new unreleased tracks. But, they just went to get the music from the already released box back in 89, and they just volume up too much the sound, AND, to even lead you in believing in something else, the cds would have more tracks compared to the box, and that was because they actually duplicated some tracks in the cd, and you would have 4 times the same track scattered in the CD, and in one cd you would have multiple tracks being duplicated through the entire cd.
Yes, they always like to launch traps of false advertising.

Regarding the credits of the album, it only states Masumi Ito does the music from tracks 2 to 4, but its wrong. She does the entire music for all the drama tracks, and Yoko Ueno gives her vocals on them to.
Since its the same exact cd as "Legends of Devilman" releases, I updated their info entries.