VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 20, 2015, 09:45 AM
VGMdb Staff

Default USPC-10041C: Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers Original Soundtrack vol.1

So did Pony Canyon not offer an official translation or something? Just wondering why my TL is being used here.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:15 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Asked the submitter a few days ago since I was wondering too, he said there's no tracklist in the enclosure (like other Ponycan US releases) and he just assumed the order is going to be the same of the standalone release, so I've removed them for now.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 06:35 PM
VGMdb Staff

Weird. I'd expect things like that to be included for an expensive collector's edition.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 06:37 AM

I don't know what tracklist was submitted before hand to compare it to but found it here.

Last edited by Illidan; Jan 2, 2016 at 06:44 AM.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 06:44 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Pretty sure I've already said this recently but please don't post file sharing site links, and don't use them as a source.

EDIT: also one of the tracks was misspelled (Goldolv), which doesn't add to the credibility.

Last edited by Illidan; Jan 2, 2016 at 08:00 AM.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:17 AM
VGMdb Staff

So... after listening to this, it seems certain that it's following the order of the Japanese release. I've added my translation back.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 04:11 PM

Thank you nextday for sorting the tracklist out as many encloseure ost never put a tracklist on i did find one looking at one official sites but sadly a file sharing one again nitpickers here tend want proof even going as far as using a misspelling as an excuess, despite no proof of track numbers before hand.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 04:23 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJShanny View Post
Thank you nextday for sorting the tracklist out as many encloseure ost never put a tracklist on i did find one looking at one official sites but sadly a file sharing one again nitpickers here tend want proof even going as far as using a misspelling as an excuess, despite no proof of track numbers before hand.
We wouldn't have to nitpick if you used credible sources and checked your own submissions. Garbage in, garbage out. File sharing is not a credible source. Source it from something valid or don't submit. It's simple.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 05:02 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
We wouldn't have to nitpick if you used credible sources and checked your own submissions. Garbage in, garbage out. File sharing is not a credible source. Source it from something valid or don't submit. It's simple.
Credible source equals to tangible evidence/proof which i stated with track numbers despite no proof or scans and source link, the submitter said no tracklist but admin let it go with tracklist number in other words a form of he/she said one words agenist another still no proof was submitted before hand my opinon it should have been removed with no tracklist. the tracklist on the other hand was out and no other source as in want your wanting from officials/retailer did not put out there i check with the multiple official sources to that which none as with most enclosure scores the list comes from the uploader in other words a sharing sites when one does appear from credible source it checked compared and submitted correctly.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 05:14 PM
Trusted Editor

I can't even make sense of your one sentence run on post. What point are you even trying to make? File sharing sites are not a credible source of information and should not be trusted as such. The credible source here comes from nextday presumably listening to this vs the actual soundtrack with titles and comparing. Not your file sharing sourced link. That is enough to go on.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 05:32 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
I can't even make sense of your one sentence run on post. What point are you even trying to make? File sharing sites are not a credible source of information and should not be trusted as such. The credible source here comes from nextday presumably listening to this vs the actual soundtrack with titles and comparing. Not your file sharing sourced link. That is enough to go on.
So if i listened to a soundtrack and submitted and a admin approved of the submission by in your words "presumably" and "enough to go on" listening to the score with no tangible proof or source is a given please your contradicting yourself anyone could do that even i have listened to it and didn't submit it based on listening alone. The argument you brought forth is no different from a submission from a sharing site or social network one.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 05:37 PM
Trusted Editor

Except he posted and he's trusted and he doesn't continue to make himself look like an unreliable moron, like yourself.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 05:38 PM
Trusted Editor

In conclusion, there's no glory in this. Do it right or don't do it at all.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Except he posted and he's trusted and he doesn't continue to make himself look like an unreliable moron, like yourself.
Quote:
In conclusion, there's no glory in this. Do it right or don't do it at all.
Found a flaw and can't admit he/she in wrong then straight insulting another member and pulling out "truested friendzone card" to prove he/shes point with no vaild proof either admins these days but don't worry i'll rise above this and check until proven other wise with evidence.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 06:00 PM
Trusted Editor

There's no flaw. You're questioning why a track list was removed when the enclosure had none and there was absolutely no source to back that track list up other than your file sharing link. If you listened to this and compare it to the track list and said "they match up because i listened to them", that's different. Which is what next day did. Which is what you didn't do.

If there is ever any questionable edit you're going to make, post your reason why. It's rather simple. You're getting into a fit because yours was removed because you didn't bother to check it.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 09:56 PM

I assure you i'm in no fit due to the removed submitted information i made, the only thing i see out of this argument is neither party brought forth, proof, source or evidence only one claim from the standlone release as far as i know has no samples released to compare to and the other from a source not truested. i already mentioned i listened to the score and compared it and checked with the only source the anime series but wanted tangible evidence in case it was questioned as you, myself and others have mentioned in this discussion have said no tracklist was provided with the enclosure due to the score released this way are never in order or tracklist named currectly.

Last edited by JJShanny; Jan 2, 2016 at 10:25 PM.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:37 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Sorry but most of the tracklists you submitted at least since I was around had small or big mistakes, so don't expect us to trust you blindly.
I guess I'll be even more strict from now on since you don't seem to get the gist of it: don't submit something if you can't provide a credible source for it. It's better to have an entry without a tracklist than to have an incorrect one.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
Asked the submitter a few days ago since I was wondering too, he said there's no tracklist in the enclosure (like other Ponycan US releases) and he just assumed the order is going to be the same of the standalone release, so I've removed them for now.
See you read the recent post but not the entire discussion you left the tracklistings numbers at #14 cues and should have left the tracklist entry blank as you so put it even you didn't bring evidence forth only an entry submitters word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
Sorry but most of the tracklists you submitted at least since I was around had small or big mistakes, so don't expect us to trust you blindly.
I guess I'll be even more strict from now on since you don't seem to get the gist of it: don't submit something if you can't provide a credible source for it. It's better to have an entry without a tracklist than to have an incorrect one.
Never asked anyone to trust what i edit same with anything thats given over the internet but then again biase as you are there several edits i currected of yours last year but never mentioned
Old Jan 2, 2016, 11:21 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The original submitter said he owns the release and even provided the catalog of the disc, so I was definitely ok with the track numbers and times, the only problem was with the track names.