VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 19, 2014, 01:12 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Toshiki Hiramatsu has gotta be Toshinori Hiramatsu. Is it printed as Toshiki (I think these Gust albums usually have English credits) or are we incorrectly guessing readings?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 06:08 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

There's also a "Recollection Archives" for Atelier Shallie.
More infos in this fan blog.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:29 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Toshiki Hiramatsu has gotta be Toshinori Hiramatsu. Is it printed as Toshiki (I think these Gust albums usually have English credits) or are we incorrectly guessing readings?
Wouldn't be the first time there was an incorrect reading printed in English on a Gust album.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 07:04 AM
Trusted Editor

I don't have the booklet for the OST with me now, but I think 'Katsumasa Odake' in the credits is wrong.

The booklet of the vocal album credits a '小竹 昌克' for sales promotion. While '小竹' can be read a Odake, '昌克' gives me Akimasa, Masakatsu and Masayoshi as readings. I think 'Katsumasa' resulted from switching the two kanji (克昌).
Old Mar 12, 2017, 02:38 PM
VGMdb Staff

So, are the names printed in kanji or alphabet here? I see the notes were originally filled out by a member who hasn't visited the site since 2014, he/she might had been guessing the readings.

For what it's worth, it's Toshinori Hiramatsu (and Katzuya Shimizu, likely this person) in the English staff roll.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 08:11 AM
Trusted Editor

Sorry for the late reply, I totally forgot about this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
So, are the names printed in kanji or alphabet here? I see the notes were originally filled out by a member who hasn't visited the site since 2014, he/she might had been guessing the readings.
Nope, both the OST and the vocal album have these credits written in kanji.

I transcribed the following for sales promotion (from the booklet of the vocal album):
小竹 昌克 (MANDALA-MUSIC PUBLISHING) [a]
西澤 康弘 (GUST) [b]
佐藤 篤士 (GUST) [c]
関 朋美 (GUST) [d]
Tsukasa Yamagishi (GUST)

So [b] is Yasuhiro Nishizawa (matches the staff roll), [d] should be Tomomi Seki, and [c] is Atsushi Sato (again staff roll),

[a] is the guy which we currently have as Katsumasa Odake, but this is obviously wrong.

I'm going to check if the kanji from the OST match the ones from the vocal album.

Last edited by LiquidAcid; Aug 31, 2017 at 08:13 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:35 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Re. [a], the booklets of these Shallie albums are wrong and his name is actually 小竹克昌 with the characters in his given name reversed, and the correct name is in fact read Katsumasa Odake: https://www.facebook.com/katsumasa.odake.7 (曼荼羅音楽出版 on that profile is MANDALA-MUSIC PUBLISHING)

GUST got the name correct in the Firis vocal album and end credits.

Last edited by CHz; Aug 31, 2017 at 12:45 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 02:16 AM
Trusted Editor

Thanks CHz, I'm going to correct this then and put some notes.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 08:16 PM

Default Sen?

Who is the "sen" in the credit?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 08:19 PM

Sen is a member of the unit known as matryoshka, who composed and performed the opening and ending themes of the game. "Narcolepsist" is, to my knowledge, exclusively Sen's work, but he also did the instrumentals for "Rusty Sky" and "Last Wanderlust".