VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 17, 2020, 02:08 PM

can't tell you how nice it is to finally see the KH3 OST page on vgmdb now that the soundtrack has been announced
Old Jul 12, 2020, 08:53 PM

It's a goddamn miracle is what it is.

Quick, someone put up the "Hell, it's about time" meme.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 01:53 AM

I'm still very curious, how many discs this one will have and which content. KHIII already has tons of music, especially for the cutscenes! So, if SE goes in the flow like for FF7:R, this release could feature up to 10 discs of music (if they decide to add the other unreleased stuff like Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage, or the Kingdom Hearts χ saga (or maybe they decide to release them separately, would be clever money-wise )
Old Jul 13, 2020, 08:15 AM
VGMdb Advisor

It could be a Blu-ray soundtrack, though.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 09:16 AM

I would much rather that be the case, or follow suit from FFXV and offer it in both formats.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 09:41 AM

13200 yen....ouch.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 10:05 AM

Eight discs and that price tag... Bleug. I'll probably still buy it since I have the other soundtracks, but man, what a buzz kill. Is the price that high because of licensing?
Old Jul 27, 2020, 11:34 AM

Jipp ... nearly exactly what I expected to look like. But that price is ridiculous! Even FF7:R with it's 8-disc limited edition was way cheaper than this. Square Enix knows all fans are desperately waiting for this release, but to raise the price that much (covid-19 or not, doesn't matter), it's an insult in my opinion (and this is not even a limited edition!). Are the licensing costs that high or what's the reason?
Old Jul 27, 2020, 12:31 PM

prob da mouse's fault
Old Jul 27, 2020, 03:46 PM

That was my guess as well. I wonder how much cheaper the digital will be since apparently that is happening.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 12:55 AM

Is this eventually going to be listed on CDJapan? (Or US Square store?)
Old Aug 8, 2020, 08:28 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGazelMinistry View Post
Is this eventually going to be listed on CDJapan? (Or US Square store?)
CDJapan will list it probably within a month, they don't usually list things 3+ months out.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 08:28 AM

it's already on their neowing japan site so prob coming soon to cdjapan side.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 09:05 AM

Thanks for the responses, I appreciate it.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 02:34 AM

Any idea when the tracklist might be released?
Old Aug 21, 2020, 02:54 AM
Trusted Editor

It's done when it's done.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
It's done when it's done.
Best statement here lol but yeah, it's quite some time until November.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 01:45 PM

Melody of Memory promo (unsure if I'm fully correct on the details): anyone who orders (and receives?) both the OST and MoM through the JP SE site with a compatible account before Nov. 30 gets a bonus disc with two MoM-exclusive arrangements.

Last edited by Kalavinka; Aug 26, 2020 at 01:48 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 07:14 AM

As far as price tag goes, the rights to Let It Go are likely the explanation.

I am extremely knowledgable on ALL THINGS Ys and LUNAR. If you have a question about either series, ASK AWAY! I will answer it to the best of my ability!

Old Sep 10, 2020, 04:11 AM

REALLY doubtful it was just that.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 05:13 AM

Didn't expect the tracklist to drop until mid-October, but that's a pleasant surprise.

I really hope the final release fixes the Young Xehanort error.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 10:40 AM

In addition to the YX error (should be l'impeto oscuro, but is misnamed officially on the sqex site as of now), I'm also noticing a buncha other wild things about the ost--

Just tons of the through-composed cutscene tracks being missing But! I wonder if there's any reason for the similarity in name between "Zero Hour -The Chase-" and "Zero Hour -The Rescue-" despite the two not sharing an apparent melody and "Zero Hour -The Rescue-" having originally been composed by Yasuhiro Yamanaka (not Tsuyoshi Sekito) for a 2012 FF-spinoff mobile game "Imaginary Range" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg6bcpqOrF8)

"Scala ad Caelum" is the field theme for the area, but it originally played earlier for a movie lotsa times

"Epilogue" h- it's really just called epilogue huh. Same melody as Disc 8-16 "The Foretellers"

And ayy, first time in the series, I think, that German has been used for a track: "Nachtflügel".
Old Sep 25, 2020, 02:41 PM

Oh jeez. That packaging looks unwieldy as hell. I hope the alleged digital version is actually complete.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 09:35 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by James O View Post
it's already on their neowing japan site so prob coming soon to cdjapan side.
I went ahead and asked the question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJapan
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry.
We are sorry to inform you the item is not available on CDJapan since the manufacturer does not allow to ship to oversea.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely
Old Sep 29, 2020, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
I went ahead and asked the question:
Can confirm. I tried ordering from Amazon Japan just now and got a "can't ship to the selected address" message. This is rather strange for SQEX, so it's maybe a Disney licensing restriction? Other albums can ship, so going with Disney logic.

Last edited by Don; Sep 29, 2020 at 03:53 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 01:55 PM

I am befuddled as well. I'm not sure if i really want this soundtrack or not, but i may just end up proxy buying it if i really want to get it.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Can confirm. I tried ordering from Amazon Japan just now and got a "can't ship to the selected address" message. This is rather strange for SQEX, so it's maybe a Disney licensing restriction? Other albums can ship, so going with Disney logic.
This has actually happened to me with a number of standard SQEX label soundtracks on preorder status in the past six months. In most of those cases, the release date would come around, I'd THEN be able to order it and still end up with the preorder/first press external bonus so I'm not sure I understand.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerG View Post
This has actually happened to me with a number of standard SQEX label soundtracks on preorder status in the past six months. In most of those cases, the release date would come around, I'd THEN be able to order it and still end up with the preorder/first press external bonus so I'm not sure I understand.
Ah, good to know. I didn't realize that. I typically order from CDJapan and most of those things have been fine to preorder as they show up on the CDJapan side of things.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 10:07 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Ah, good to know. I didn't realize that. I typically order from CDJapan and most of those things have been fine to preorder as they show up on the CDJapan side of things.
I would not rely on this, it is not currently available for preorder on CDJapan because of the distributor issue. You can tell they have it in their database because when you search for the catalog number, you get 0 results but you get linked artists in their tag thing at the bottom. It means it's in their database but hidden and unavailable to order on the CDJapan side. It does, however, show up on the Neowing side (intra-Japan only).

CDJapan URL: https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/searches?t...=&q=SQEX-10794
Neowing URL: https://www.neowing.co.jp/searches?t...r&q=SQEX-10794

There is no guarantee that it will ever become available for US customers. We don't know what the distribution issue is. It is most likely licensing but we have no idea what the situation behind it is. It might never become available. It might become available on the US side in the North American SQEX store. It might become available at a later date internationally. Who knows, no one can say because we do not know the distribution agreement. All we know is Sony won't distribute it internationally.

Also, I have no idea what CrackerG is talking about. I preorder (almost) every SQEX release and I can't ever recall having to wait for release date to order it from CDJapan.

If you want to secure this you only have 3 options. Wait and hope it becomes available (no one knows), use a forwarding service of some kind, or wait for them to show up on the secondary market.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
I would not rely on this, it is not currently available for preorder on CDJapan because of the distributor issue. You can tell they have it in their database because when you search for the catalog number, you get 0 results but you get linked artists in their tag thing at the bottom. It means it's in their database but hidden and unavailable to order on the CDJapan side. It does, however, show up on the Neowing side (intra-Japan only).

CDJapan URL: https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/searches?t...=&q=SQEX-10794
Neowing URL: https://www.neowing.co.jp/searches?t...r&q=SQEX-10794

There is no guarantee that it will ever become available for US customers. We don't know what the distribution issue is. It is most likely licensing but we have no idea what the situation behind it is. It might never become available. It might become available on the US side in the North American SQEX store. It might become available at a later date internationally. Who knows, no one can say because we do not know the distribution agreement. All we know is Sony won't distribute it internationally.

Also, I have no idea what CrackerG is talking about. I preorder (almost) every SQEX release and I can't ever recall having to wait for release date to order it from CDJapan.

If you want to secure this you only have 3 options. Wait and hope it becomes available (no one knows), use a forwarding service of some kind, or wait for them to show up on the secondary market.
Yeah, I've already asked a friend to help me out, just to be safe.