VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 15, 2010, 04:06 PM

Notes say
Quote:
All tracks were composed by Yuzo Koshiro
except FOUNTAIN OF LOVE
SUBTERRANEAN CANAL
SO MUCH FOR TODAY composed by Mieko Ishikawa
I can't find the latter two tracks, which ones are they.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 04:36 PM
VGMdb Staff

'Alone Battle' is an arrangement of SUBTERRANEAN CANAL
'Time for Afternoon Tea' is an arrangement of SO MUCH FOR TODAY
Old Jan 22, 2010, 07:18 PM

Thanks for the info.

This album deserved a good rating for sure. Loved the arrange of First Step Toward War. I always go insane at 1:04 and 2:53. Love that part. =D Big fan of Morning Grow as well.

I am not a big jazz fan, but my favorite track in this whole collection may be Ruins of Moondoria. God is it catchy or is it just me?

And Endless History is a certainly enjoyable vocal piece.

All in all I enjoyed everything except Beat of the Terror, Rest in Peace, and Baroque Intelligence.

20/23 tracks aint too shabby.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 06:59 AM

Anyone have a hires scan of the booklet front & back? I know it's more or less the same as the case cover, but the perfectionist in me would like this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 04:50 PM

So somehow I ended up owning 3 copies of this album and all are the "picture disc" versions. I never knew there was a version with the generic early Falcom disc design until I randomly stumbled upon it in the gallery.

I'm just curious for anyone that is familiar with the physical version of this album, do you think the picture disc version is more common than the "regular" version as well?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 05:36 PM

In my browsing and collecting experience, picture disc versions (= earlier production) are more common than their reprints. Similarly to how some PS/PS2/PS3 reprints are way less common than the original prints.
they still tend to be cheaper, or at least they're not more expensive. i think only a minority of those who buy them even know the existence of 2 versions, since it was only advertised on a sticker on the wrap.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 04:49 PM

My first copy of this was a non-picture disc version. The same is true of my first copies of Perfect Collection Ys II and Perfect Collection Ys III. I think LuxKiller is right: the picture discs seem to greatly outnumber the non-picture discs, but the demand for the latter isn't very high.