VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 17, 2017, 03:49 AM

Default Songs of Zelda: The Celtic Link

Information in the notes and fields is based on email that Kickstarter backers and post-backers were sent. I filled in the remaining information as best as I could. The email with the digital download link (high quality MP3 and 96 KHZ AIF formats) was sent early morning on June 17 2017 Pacific Standard time.

Well, if you love Zelda and/or Celtic music I must say that was DEFINITELY worth the wait. Most of the source material is from newer games (Ocarina of time and later) and, unfortunately, neither Zelda II nor Link's Awakening is represented at all here. But still, many kudos to Eimear Noone and Craig Stuart Garfinkle for their genuine passios for this amazing album.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 08:23 AM
VGMdb Advisor

hopefully more complete comp/arr credits will be found in the CD version.

Which I will be receiving whenever it arrives in the mail.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 09:59 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Okay, I've received CD version in the mail. Will do packaging scans ... though I don't think it has any more details than the digital did as far as arrangement and performance.

But I am going to add the CD version as its own release (and not as a child) ... not only are the tracks in a completely different order than the digital release, but there is a 13th song embedded in the middle of that tracklist not in the digital, "Deku Palace."
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:33 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

The CD version (13 tracks) was also released on digital stores (ex Itunes).
Not sure the current entry is worth anything, maybe we could update it with the commercial digital release.