VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old Jul 1, 2008, 08:13 AM
lockshaw13's Avatar
lockshaw13 lockshaw13 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 86

Should this be listed as a reprint of Dairantou Smash Brothers DX Orchestra Concert? The tracklists are identical and the US version was released 2 years after the Japanese version. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Jul 1, 2008, 02:23 PM
Blue_Kirby2 Blue_Kirby2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 31
Default

Is there even an entry for the American version? I didn't find one, and the scans for the one you're discussing are different from what I have.

Here are the scans from mine. It's also a Nintendo Power promo, except it was actually included inside one of the issues of the magazine.

http://basil.kg13.com/01%20Slipcover%20-%20Front.jpg
http://basil.kg13.com/02%20Slipcover%20-%20Back.jpg
http://basil.kg13.com/03%20CD.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Jul 1, 2008, 03:22 PM
lockshaw13's Avatar
lockshaw13 lockshaw13 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Kirby2 View Post
Is there even an entry for the American version? I didn't find one, and the scans for the one you're discussing are different from what I have.

Here are the scans from mine. It's also a Nintendo Power promo, except it was actually included inside one of the issues of the magazine.

http://basil.kg13.com/01%20Slipcover%20-%20Front.jpg
http://basil.kg13.com/02%20Slipcover%20-%20Back.jpg
http://basil.kg13.com/03%20CD.jpg
Actually, I meant to type US instead of UK, but regardless both the US & UK versions are reprints of the Japanese version. I'll go ahead and use your scans to add the entry for the US version
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Jul 2, 2008, 02:42 PM
Secret Squirrel's Avatar
Secret Squirrel Secret Squirrel is online now
VGMdb Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 6,269
Default

So all three of these Smashing Live albums are all the same then? Would anyone be able to sort out why this one, which would be the parent has a slightly different set of artists? I typically unlink the artists on the later printings, because that's taken care of by the parent.

Also, I should probably tell you that you can add reprints by going to an album's edit menu, and selecting "Add Child Album." That description is a bit cryptic, but it's more general.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:02 PM
lockshaw13's Avatar
lockshaw13 lockshaw13 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
So all three of these Smashing Live albums are all the same then? Would anyone be able to sort out why this one, which would be the parent has a slightly different set of artists? I typically unlink the artists on the later printings, because that's taken care of by the parent.

Also, I should probably tell you that you can add reprints by going to an album's edit menu, and selecting "Add Child Album." That description is a bit cryptic, but it's more general.
I'm not sure why the composers are different between the 3 releases, but the tracklists are exactly the same. I had already added the US version of the soundtrack, so I guess the US & European versions will need to be manually set as alternate releases of the original Japanese release.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Jan 25, 2009, 08:07 PM
Secret Squirrel's Avatar
Secret Squirrel Secret Squirrel is online now
VGMdb Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 6,269
Default

I'd forgotten about this, but I've just hooked up these 3 albums, taking the most comprehensive set of composers from the parent album.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Nov 20, 2011, 08:52 PM
dissident93's Avatar
dissident93 dissident93 is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,161
Default

Wow, Koji actually composed on Star Fox 64? I swore I read he only did SFX.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:12 PM
Hellacia Hellacia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 813
Default

Koji did a few tracks, yeah. You can look it up on the soundtrack's entry, though I don't know where the specific breakdown comes from. However, the credits list Koji Kondo as well as Hajime Wakai under MUSIC, so it seems safe to say that his music credit is legitimate.

Perhaps you're thinking of something you read about the original Star Fox game? MobyGames' entry confirms it.

Last edited by Hellacia; Nov 20, 2011 at 09:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:49 PM
CHz's Avatar
CHz CHz is offline
VGMdb Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
Koji did a few tracks, yeah. You can look it up on the soundtrack's entry, though I don't know where the specific breakdown comes from. However, the credits list Koji Kondo as well as Hajime Wakai under MUSIC, so it seems safe to say that his music credit is legitimate.
In the tracklist in the booklet 1~3 scans, the tracks where the number is bordered in gold are composed by Kondo, and the ones with silver borders are by Wakai. The key for that is at the bottom of booklet 3.

I just realized now though that the SF64 OST credits Venom to Wakai, but the Japanese magazine for this album credits Kondo. Hmmmmmm.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old May 18, 2014, 03:16 PM
dissident93's Avatar
dissident93 dissident93 is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,161
Default

I just noticed that Jun Ishikawa is co-credited for original music on the Original Medley? AFAIK, he wasn't credited in game.

Quote:
Sound & Music Director: Hirokazu Ando
Music: Tadashi Ikegami, Shogo Sakai, Takuto Kitsuta
I also wonder what Kitsuta's role on the game was.

Last edited by dissident93; May 18, 2014 at 03:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old May 18, 2014, 04:17 PM
CHz's Avatar
CHz CHz is offline
VGMdb Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,738
Default

"All-Star Rest Area" is originally from Kirby Super Star, so that's why Ishikawa's there.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old May 18, 2014, 05:53 PM
dissident93's Avatar
dissident93 dissident93 is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,161
Default

ohh ok, makes sense.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Smash Bros. Melee & Brawl Opening Euathlus Video Game Music Discussion 2 Dec 8, 2018 06:50 AM
Super Smash Bros. Melee (#624) Liontamer Product (Game) Discussions 2 Jun 16, 2016 12:41 PM
83690A: SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR NINTENDO 3DS/Wii U ♪ —A SMASHING... (reprint) ᄐv๑–X² Album Discussions 42 Jan 7, 2016 03:24 PM
The Super Slam Bros. Melee EP ᄐv๑–X² Album Discussions 1 Jul 25, 2012 05:33 AM
VR1799: Super Smash Bros. Melee Smashing…Live! Live Orchestra Music (reprint) CaptainCommando Album Discussions 0 Feb 25, 2012 03:57 PM