VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 5, 2019, 01:38 PM

Sorry if this question has been asked, but I was wondering is anyone could give me any info on the difference in the audio between this album and (https://vgmdb.net/album/1836). This album appears to be the arcade score and the album I linked to lists the Sega Saturn as the source. I tired to look on YouTube as I usually do, but I'm kind of at a loss as to what footage is what - Saturn vs Arcade vs XBox Arcade. I mean could you even emulate the arcade version given the control scheme it had? One has to wonder what Xbox Arcade version based on.

The above said, I don't have a good idea between the difference in sound Sega's arcade machines could produce vs the Saturn as I haven't gotten my copy of the Virtua Cop soundtrack yet, and I think it has both the arcade and Saturn versions of that music. Not saying that would give me a 100% of what it would be like in every case, but it would give me a starting point.

I remember my cousin having this game when I was younger. Man, was I bad at it.