VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 6, 2021, 02:10 AM

looks like it's only for USA =( damn my luck again
Old Nov 6, 2021, 06:09 AM

Is the music any different from the original Diablo II?
So they sell a vinyl but not a CD, I guess they know buyers will not listen to it?
Old Nov 11, 2021, 05:03 AM

I have to be honest here. If this came out maybe even half a year ago, I would be all over this. However, in my current attempt to not buy things I'm going to re-sell down the line because I shouldn't have bought it, I have to made a hard pass on this. Don't get me wrong; love Diablo II and the music is worthy, but I know I wouldn't listen to this enough to warrant owning it. That said, kudos for making an official rendition, I think there's been a bootleg available for a while.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
Is the music any different from the original Diablo II?
I'm not sure about that. I do want to pick up the game, but my backlog of switch games is already a bit too long. That said, I don't know why you'd bother redoing Diablo II's music - love it the way it is.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 11:57 AM
Trusted Editor

A sticker on the release says "Music from Diablo, Diablo II and Lord of Destruction" and the store page says it's remastered by Matt Uelmen. So I reckon it's basically "old" music, but remastered for the new game.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 07:22 PM

Thanks for the info . I'm good with the promo CDs I have then. Not buying new vinyls anyway but if blizzard reprints a cd or a new collection cd, why not.

Im still angry at not getting the 20th anniversary disc that resellers are trying to resell on ebay for high prices
Old Jul 14, 2022, 08:28 AM

Listened some tracks on YouTube:

.Tristam
.Rogue
.Temple

And from my gaming memories i didn't notice any difference with the original. Haven't played this resurrected version of the game but from what i heard they tried to be as close as possible as the original game experience so that's why there's so few differences, maybe it is just about quality and tracks are all untouched ?

Glad i picked the Deluxe Box (3LP + 7" bonus), there are some good extra tracks like Spider/Rogue. It is really expensive for an extra 1LP+7" bonus disc but... You know, there are only 3 games that really matter in my gaming life (Diablo / Warcraft / Starcraft)

A bit sad we don't have "Wilderness" and that's why vinyle are most of the time problematic: always many missing tracks.

If you missed the splattered edition there is now a "red" one, strange it is not listed on VGMDB: https://www.iam8bit.com/collections/...nyl-soundtrack
Seems to be the exact same track list.

Last edited by Kane; Jul 14, 2022 at 08:35 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
A bit sad we don't have "Wilderness" and that's why vinyle are most of the time problematic: always many missing tracks.
Wow. That's actually a big blow IMO. Love that track.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 07:01 PM

About this. I went with the 2LP version (I would have liked to have the extra tracks but didn't think they were worth the extra green) and my feelings are mixed. I'm not going to harp on tracks missing - although I think they should have taken the bootlegs' lead and made episode V a separate set so we got everything - but something just feels a little off to me.

Then I read some people complaining about the sound quality on discogs and now I'm torn if this is what the problem is. Some where saying this sounded a little too thin, but I mean didn't the music always sound a little thin by its very nature? I don't know if I really think that or I now think that because I read that. I'm not one to usually harp over sound quality - I rarely do and usually only talk or bring it up when it's so overtly bad that I (and other people) can't help but notice.

Am I just imagining this? I mean I have the OG RE2 soundtrack from Laced and I think that soundtrack sounds absolutely beautiful (in a ghastly way, of course) on vinyl, but there's something about this one. Hmmmm.