VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 27, 2008, 08:36 AM

So this soundtrack was retranslated? I've got some questions about a couple tracks...

Disc 1

05 - I have 'mamono no mori': 魔物の森. I get Demon's/Devil's Forest. The current translation breaks apart the kanji: 'Evil Spirit'. Dungeon has 'The Forest Monsters'.

23 - I have 'sekkin' for that first kanji: 側近. Spahn/Hadamitzky translates it as 'Close Associates' which is the translation found on the Castlevania Dungeon.

These were the only two I checked today because there was a discrepancy in another discussion :P

Last edited by CaptainCommando; Nov 27, 2008 at 08:43 AM.
Old May 8, 2010, 07:08 AM

Default Intentional Typos

Is there a particular reason that the "intentional typos" were left for disc 2 tracks, but not disc 1 tracks? In particular, track 119 is clearly titled "Bloody Teas" on the back cover, but was fixed in the track list. However, "Battle of the Holly" was left as is.
Old May 8, 2010, 07:41 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by olmerd View Post
Is there a particular reason that the "intentional typos" were left for disc 2 tracks, but not disc 1 tracks? In particular, track 119 is clearly titled "Bloody Teas" on the back cover, but was fixed in the track list. However, "Battle of the Holly" was left as is.
It was probably just overlooked, since the original print doesn't have this typo.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 03:43 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I unhooked the tracklists of this reprint from the parent album, because there are a few spelling differences (even in the Japanese in the case of track 1.19). I noticed a little bit of circular editing in the tracklist history, from what looks like someone changing the spelling from one album to the spelling from the other. This way, everyone wins! (Except for the whole having to maintain two sets of tracklists thing now.)

Making a note here specifically because the tracklist on the back of the album conflicts with the tracklist in the booklet in a few spots. I don't think we have any guidelines for which to prefer, so I just went with whichever title seemed more "correct." So, for track 2.18, that's "Road of Enermy #1" from the booklet instead of "Road of Enermy" from outside, because there's a "Road of Enermy #2," and the track name consistently appears with "#1" on the original album. And, for track 2.22, that's "Ripe Seeds" from inside instead of "Ripe Seedes" from outside, because that one's actually spelled correctly, and it matches the spelling on the original album and the game's sound test.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 08:48 PM

Has anyone questioned why the cover image's quality is so low? I thought it was a scanning issue until I got a physical copy.

It looks like the artwork was upscaled considerably, but even comparing the booklet's front to the back's smaller, crisper images zoomed in, the front still looks worse: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17y6...ew?usp=sharing

Any idea where I can find the game's full uncropped artwork? Like an ad or poster?
Old Oct 10, 2021, 08:23 PM

Eh... is it me or Simon's face is different? On the back, the nose is thinner and the eyes bigger.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 08:30 PM

you can find a high res scan here on Mr. P's castlevania realm

"A promotional image included in Konami's 1992 Japanese catalogue (contributed by Francisco R.) "

http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/cv4/manu...0Page_0013.jpg
Old Oct 12, 2021, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
Eh... is it me or Simon's face is different? On the back, the nose is thinner and the eyes bigger.
One is clearly stretched (or squished?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
you can find a high res scan here on Mr. P's castlevania realm

"A promotional image included in Konami's 1992 Japanese catalogue (contributed by Francisco R.) "

http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/cv4/manu...0Page_0013.jpg
Hey, thanks! That is one crisp image. Too bad is has that text and red paint splatter over it. Unfortunately I couldn't find any similarly good images using Tineye.