VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Sep 1, 2010, 10:21 PM
Trusted Editor

Maybe we can discuss this album. I can't tell for sure that this is animation related. Could also just be Manga and therefor it could be dropped. Although I would love to see non-VG/non-Anime related albums in the database in order to have the full label catalogue represented - Polystar in this case. This has also been done for other labels such as Digicube (e.g. B-Boy Park 2000).
Anyway, anyone knows more about the series of this CD?

Last edited by suicider; Sep 1, 2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 03:33 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Yes, it's manga related, not anime.
Also known under the name of "The Knight of Alfheim".
Author of the manga is Nakayama Seika, and it spans on 46 volumes.
Started on 1987 to finish on 2003.

Quote:
The story itself is about a child of prophecy, Princess Lori.
Her parents were killed when she was young and she was taken in by elves, learning their ways and magic.
But her destiny is to fight together with her lover Prince Arthur and her brother against her worst enemy, who is Arthur's oldest brother.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 04:05 AM
VGMdb Advisor

It seems to be an "image album" for the manga. This is a borderline case, though I guess we could keep it for now as part of the discography.

While I agree having complete discographies would be nice, I'd prioritize game/anime-mostly ones. Some like avex have thousand of random jpop music hard to justify adding right now. For DigiCube, since it had very few non-game CDs it's more reasonable to add them for completion.

Btw, since this album isn't technically "anime" we could drop the "animation" cathegory, but I think this thread would need to be moved.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 05:39 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
While I agree having complete discographies would be nice, I'd prioritize game/anime-mostly ones. Some like avex have thousand of random jpop music hard to justify adding right now. For DigiCube, since it had very few non-game CDs it's more reasonable to add them for completion.
I also don't have an idea how to handle this - of course the addition of hundreds of JPOP albums in the database would be ridiculous. I also cannot imagine what comes over labels like Digicube or Scitron (as another example) which have a 99% game-related catalogue to publish obscure albums like the "Nature's Ectasy" series (PCCB-00095~97) which obviously have been dropped before from the database.
But anyway, maybe a heuristic rule over labels with more than 95% of game/anime related soundtracks could be an option to allow other types of music in order to have the full catalogue.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 06:32 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Personally I'd have love to add more of these albums just to fill catalogue number holes specially if they are mostly vgm, but there are plenty of missing game CDs already so I don't prioritise them too much. Since these are hard to classify with our current formats ('music'?) I'm conservative when adding them.

At the very least I'm making some cat. number lists for reference to possibly add later (ex.). I have some unfinished lists like Scitron I'd like to post some day too.

Unrelated music has been (semi)deleted in the past but I think the current guidelines are more relaxed. As for PCCB-00095~97, maybe we could reactivate them now...? I wonder what others think about this issue.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 09:12 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I was pondering reactivating the missing PCCB albums too since our focus broadened to include animation and things related.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 02:02 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Nice!
Though maybe we should discuss in a "submissions guidelines - discographies" thread. I'd want to fill more discographies like this but I don't want to alienate the users with too much random crap.

(my rationale to add them is that a hole on a mostly-vgm label may be a game album, so better add it rather than having to search around JP sites for info, which most users can't do).
Old Sep 11, 2010, 11:58 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Thanks!
"That’s one small step for a man, one giant step for mankind"
Old Sep 21, 2018, 06:06 PM
Trusted Editor

I did several edits and added the artists for this album.

Note that the lyricist PHILIPP RODTHS III is credited as PHILIP H RHODES III on JASRAC.

If you want to know more about the manga of Alfheim no Kishi, here's some info on this blog:
https://xkazemg.wordpress.com/2012/1...akayama-seika/