VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:17 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Where does the current catalog number come from ?
I see they used the Barcode everywhere.. even in the booklet.

On a side note, performers credits might be incomplete because it does involve many artists or orchestra (i am mainly thinking of the tracks by Matt Molloy, Jocelyn Pook & Ryuichi Sakamoto).
Booklet is helpfull but definitely incomplete.

Last edited by Myrkul; Dec 20, 2011 at 06:20 AM.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:34 AM

Myrkul,

The "catalog" number, is from the play side of the CD itself (holographic stamp on inner rim).

My brother works at a CD pressing plant and he said sometimes (not always) you can find the catalog number there, if you don't see it somewhere else.

Let me know if you prefer not to use that method.