VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 13, 2008, 09:00 AM
VGMdb Staff

Default VGM ''Sample version"

Hi guys, I've a question:
I recently got a copy of a Capcom GSM 5 album from USA and I discover that this copy has a little red sticker (with japanese words) on the barcodes in the back cover and "SAMPLE" printed in the inner ring of the CD. I checked on the database some scans of VGM CDs like other Capcom GSM and they don't have the word "SAMPLE" printed on them. So what's does this means?
Do exist "normal" version and "sample" version of VGM CDs?
Do they play the same of they have a different sound quality? Do they have the same collector value? Who is able to resolve me the mysterious?