VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 8, 2011, 06:52 PM

Can't wait to get the track list. Too bad 32 tracks got the boot though.

I really want to listen to every note to see if I'll spot any minute differences between this and the original 1998 OST release.

And I'm really anticipating Yokota's orchestral arrangement. "Hyrule Field Main Theme" is gonna be a part of that medley, I just know it... I watched a Zelda 25th anniversary video on Gametrailers that played about 10 seconds of it orchestrated - it just makes sense.

Last edited by Kenology; Jun 9, 2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 06:54 PM

And what's this I hear about unreleased music??
Old Jun 9, 2011, 03:54 AM

Won't there be a Japanese printing of this release?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/aqej/soundtrack/
Old Jun 9, 2011, 01:14 PM

Cool, it's getting a jp release. I'd add an entry for that, but I don't know.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 08:25 AM

The website wasn't working as described (most people didn't get the soundtrack offer) so the call center is swamped. I hear they may have run out of soundtracks / gotten more registrations of the game than they have copies of the soundtrack.

edit: ...and it is Backordered.

Last edited by yindesu; Jun 19, 2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:11 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if "never before released" really means "wasn't on the original US OST".
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:23 PM

Wait, what were the tracks missing? Aside from the orchestral piece.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 12:30 AM

So what is actually "unreleased" here, with exeption of the short orchestral medley? In comparison of the Japanese printing from 1998 the tracks loop and the only difference I noticed is that the missing choir from "Dinosaur Boss Battle" is featured here, also the full lenght version of the "Fire Temple" theme (with the synth chorus).

So the phrase "many never before released" is just a joke! The only thing to get this is just the orchestral track, even if it's kinda short.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 08:19 AM

Personally I'm just glad this is getting somewhat of a re release I got ripped off on ebay a number of years back and ended up with bootlegs of hyrule symphony, the original OST and the Remixed tracks.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 05:49 PM

Are we really gonna go with "Dodongo Boss Battle" for track 20? I would think "Dodongo" would be written in katakana instead of kanji. The same song is used for the Volvagia fight too, so the original "Dinosaur Boss Battle" would seem a little more correct. I haven't checked the original OST kanji to see if it matches what we have there, so I'm not too sure.

Just throwing it out there.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Tear View Post

So the phrase "many never before released" is just a joke! The only thing to get this is just the orchestral track, even if it's kinda short.
Pffft, like anything else but the US matters?

Who cares about Japan anyway, it's not like they made the game or anything...
Old Jun 28, 2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenology View Post
Are we really gonna go with "Dodongo Boss Battle" for track 20? I would think "Dodongo" would be written in katakana instead of kanji. The same song is used for the Volvagia fight too, so the original "Dinosaur Boss Battle" would seem a little more correct. I haven't checked the original OST kanji to see if it matches what we have there, so I'm not too sure.

Just throwing it out there.
I think you're totally right, it should actually be Dinosaur Boss Battle.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Tear View Post
i'd imagine this statement is for the us release of this album... the original us release is missing even more tracks, so it's not particularly inaccurate.

now, this has the full dinosaur boss and fire temple themes? that's great.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despatche View Post
now, this has the full dinosaur boss and fire temple themes? that's great.
Did we ever get an official explanation for why the very awesome version of "Fire Temple" in the first N64 printing of the game was changed to the synth choir version of every OoT release since?
Old Jul 3, 2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenology View Post
Did we ever get an official explanation for why the very awesome version of "Fire Temple" in the first N64 printing of the game was changed to the synth choir version of every OoT release since?
Here's the quote from Zelda Wiki:

"In the original version of Ocarina of Time, the Fire Temple's music included a group of men chanting in deep voices. This was removed from later versions of the game by Nintendo due to the fact that it contained Muslim chants. The name of 'Allah' can clearly be heard at one point. Another piece of Arabic that was deciphered was "I bear witness that there is no god but Allah." It was replaced by a MIDI Synthesizer in the remake for later versions."
Old Jul 3, 2011, 11:07 AM

So is that a Japanese only thing?
Old Jul 3, 2011, 04:34 PM

Like some of you, I already have the soundtrack of the game, a few times infact. I just want the awesome orchestrated staff roll music!

Anyone in Europe received their copy yet?
Old Jul 3, 2011, 06:57 PM

I'd probably buy a copy of that CD since I missed out. But I bet it'd be on eBay for an insane price. Guess I'll have to live without
Old Jul 8, 2011, 06:50 PM

If you check out the end credits here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TngSa...otation_705843

You'll notice that 'Takeshi Kama' also did the music. Should we add Takeshi Hama to the arrangement section?
Old Jul 8, 2011, 11:17 PM

Did the copies in the US, UK, Australia and New Zealand also have the title (on Obi), tracklist, liner note, and other various descriptions in Japanese? The current scans are clearly from the Japanese printing, and I assume a different printing was prepared for the English-speaking regions.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 08:15 PM

Have US copies even shipped?
Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:24 PM

I know that some US copies have apparently shipped, but I'm still waiting to hear when the UK copies will ship.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sireef View Post
I know that some US copies have apparently shipped, but I'm still waiting to hear when the UK copies will ship.
Withing two to three months after placing the order!
Old Jul 11, 2011, 07:27 AM

Wow, that sounds like quite a wait. At least I'm going on holiday soon so the wait hopefully won't feel so long.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:52 AM

Not sure how many have their copy yet, but to anyone that does - is it me, or does the sound quality of this release sound really bad? The sampling on the tracks sound very compressed with some hissing in the background. It's as if someone just recorded everything directly off of a 3DS. It's not to say they didn't do something similar for the original N64 soundtracks, but still...they sound WAY better than this.

But free is free I suppose, I really dig that orchestra track.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 03:35 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Exactly! I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice it. I really prefer the original release much more.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 03:49 PM
Trusted Editor

Added the English tracklist and changed the old English one to English (Literal). Modify as necessary.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 08:26 AM

The European version of the CD came in the mail today. It's quite different than the American and Japanese one, uses the same art but the design is different. The title is "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Soundtrack CD", the tracklist only appears inside the booklet alongside Kondo's and Miyamoto's comments translated into English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese (even song titles are translated).

You can find the info and some of the scans (scans from the booklet are missing) at discogs:
http://www.discogs.com/Koji-Kondo-Th...elease/3023300
Old Aug 27, 2011, 12:07 AM

i was thinking that maybe we should add an alternate printing of the album for the US and EU printings cuz their different from the JP version.
US: labeled as The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D Official Soundtrack (and not Original Soundtrack) and english booklet
EU: labeled as The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Soundtrack CD and Multi-language booklet.
so what do you people think?
Old Aug 27, 2011, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbip15 View Post
i was thinking that maybe we should add an alternate printing of the album for the US and EU printings cuz their different from the JP version.
US: labeled as The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D Official Soundtrack (and not Original Soundtrack) and english booklet
EU: labeled as The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Soundtrack CD and Multi-language booklet.
so what do you people think?
Go ahead, especially if you can provide scans of them.