VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 29, 2008, 12:36 PM

Default CVST-0010: DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU Original Sound Track

So this is CVST-0010...what happened to CVST-0009? Is that going to be the special deathsmiles arrange album coming bundled with the Xbox 360 port early next year?
Old Nov 29, 2008, 12:51 PM

Already announced huh? I was thinking they wouldn't take much longer. Any words on preorder dates and place where it be sold? (no online/matsuri crap anymore, Cave, please...)

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!
Old Jan 23, 2009, 08:28 PM

Anyone willing to offer the scans? Some people seem to know which tracks are Chiba and Kudo's, and I assume, as with Mushihimesame Futari, the liner note commentary has info.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 10:05 PM

I added the composer breakdown based on the liner notes. "Shadowing World (Stage4-Obverse)" couldn't be Kudo's, as he explicitly says he did only 2 tracks, but it's likely he counts the Obverse version and Reverse version as just one (and indeed, they are identical, composition-wise).
Old Feb 12, 2009, 06:44 AM

This is now available for pre-order at Play-Asia (yes, I know the album has been out for a while, but Play-Asia's shipment tends to come in a month or so late).
Old Feb 12, 2009, 08:47 AM

I just found out about it, too. Finally, cause I completely forgot about it would most surely be released at a CAVE event. Preordering it right now

Old Jan 13, 2010, 12:10 AM

According to one of the latest CAVE Blog posts, Basiscape is going to compose an all new soundtrack for the new DDP DFK Black Label revision to be released on arcades soon this year. (Thanks goes EOJ from cave-stg.com for pointing it out).
This is the first time they've ever done this, wonder if they will release some sort of compilation album or whatever. It should be interesting, personally I found this album kind of weak compared to previous Cave game soundtracks, and quite not fitting to the militaristic theme of the Donpachi series, with songs that would be more at home on games like Mushihimesama (Stage2, I'm looking at you...)

Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:03 AM

do look to DOJBLEX for any of those sorts of tunes
Old Jan 24, 2010, 07:37 AM

When I read that blog, I assumed the music would be just rearrangements (like those standard 360 ports), but it's actually a total replacement of what I think was well scored, and I guess it's a good change for Namiki's earlier works, or more hardcore shooter music fans. Here is the playthrough videos of stage that may be subject to be deleted ( 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5).

By the way, I found each stage had a kind of official translation so I'll add this as the third tracklist (I expect deathsmiles will also have translated stage names as it's getting localized).
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:32 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I saw these titles before and avoided them, I bet they just used an online translator (try this, gets suspiciously similar results).
"the world were it darkens and goes" indeed, lulz. I think we are better without these.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:46 AM

*facepalm*

Yeah, I heard the same thing and I didn't intend to set it to default anyway, but I thought something babelfished yet official would be worth adding (like Tales of Tempest). Then again, as this isn't printed in the booklet and the game isn't localized yet, we may have to question the official status of this. Perhaps it's better to avoid it.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:57 AM

Now, that is more like it. I'm feeling positive about the change, tho to be honest I miss the throwbacks to previous songs in the series that that White Label had.
I'm really digging that Stage1 and Stage5 themes, and Stage4 has a quite intimidating mood to it.

Here's hoping they release a soundtrack soon (and a port!).

I see some epic engrish there... IT WAS A BATTLE ONLY FOR "DID FOLLOWING THAT FUTURE". I too think these should be avoided. However it might have to be considered in the case of deathsmiles, when it gets localized, as it most surely will have a more decent translation.

Wow they already got to the TrueLastBoss. As expected, insane.

Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:01 AM

Wow. I'm really digging the music, but are there more videos after Stage 5? I don't think I even heard the last boss theme or true last boss theme. If so, a far departure from the great ones from the original soundtrack.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:37 AM

This one was uploaded after my initial post. The person who uploaded these video says the ending will be added later if he has time.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9489482

I wonder if we will ever see a soundtrack release of Daioujyou, Espgaluda II and perhaps Ketsui 360 ports... (it appears only a couple tracks will be released as a bundled-in Espgaluda II soundtrack).
Old Jan 24, 2010, 12:10 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they do; maybe not now, but sometime later. I'm willing to bet they might release this one at the next Cave summer Matsuri. However for Galuda II and DDPBLEX I'm not that sure. They could have already released it with the LE in Galuda II, I certainly don't see why they wouldn't release all the material.
BTW, is it already confirmed that Ketsui EX will include new music? I haven't heard anything about that and it has yet be released in 2 or so months.

Old Jan 28, 2010, 10:14 PM

Thanks. Totally unexpected, as it usually takes more than 6 months for Cave to release a soundtrack, but if GE-ON-DAN blog is true, Namiki and co. scored this during year-end through New Year holidays. I really didn't thought it would come earlier than deathsmiles II or untill the release of an Xbox 360 port. I'm not so terribly fond of Namiki's earlier works (Battle Garegga was frankly meh to me), but this one sounds really solid to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewing Darksun View Post
BTW, is it already confirmed that Ketsui EX will include new music? I haven't heard anything about that and it has yet be released in 2 or so months.
No word yet. Amazon Japan has listed both limited and regular editions, and as there is a decent price difference between them, some anticipate the limited edition will have something besides a guide book.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 12:31 AM

Well, look at ESPGII BL, it includes only the faceplate, so I wouldn't surprised if that was just it.

On the main topic: that was incredibly fast. Like you said, they'd normally hold on putting it out for a while, I was expecting at the very least the next physical Matsuri.
I see the whole original team handled it along with a newcomer. It will be interesting to know detailed composer credits, but I can already tell that Hibachi and Stage1 and 5 were done by Namiki (first is a given, and the latter, although subtly, have "that Namiki style" to them).
I can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
I'm not so terribly fond of Namiki's earlier works (Battle Garegga was frankly meh to me)
D:

Shame on you (just kidding )

Last edited by Kewing; Jan 29, 2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 02:47 AM

Yeah, it can eventually only the guide book as you say. Amazon.co.jp once stated the guide book would be offered as a preorder bonus of both editions (like Daioujou 360 port) so this and the price difference raised a question among fans, "What's exclusive to the LE?". We have to wait for 5pb. to make an official announcement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
I really didn't thought it would come earlier than deathsmiles II or until the release of an Xbox 360 port.
That being said, they already announced the Deathsmiles Drama CD Vol.3 so it's still possible that they will add more items later on...
Old Jan 24, 2010, 12:42 PM

Ok, wow. Love the new last boss themes. Thanks for sharing! I hope this gets an OST release too...I loved the first Dai-Fukkatsu album, but wow, this one is great too!
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:01 PM

you may not want to bother because those are the names of the stages as well as the songs behind them
Old Jan 28, 2010, 08:32 PM

Wow! Quicker than expected for the black label OST! Release date 2/20 at the next Matsuri!

http://www.cave-shop.jp/item/4597.html
Old Dec 15, 2010, 01:46 PM

The main melody heard in Stage 1 and 5 is from Stage 1 in DonPachi (in case you didn't realize that already)
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:41 PM

kill me

also english is a piece of shit
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:35 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Is this an appropriate comment for the "notes" field? Related to the packaging: the "booklet" isn't really a book at all. There's no spine. It's just six printed transparent cards stacked together.

I've put together a scan of what might best be considered the "front," which is the text overlay and then the front image. Stacking them altogether gets a fuller pattern with more hexagons, but then my scanner also picks up the tracklist from what one might call "booklet pg 2."
Old Mar 10, 2013, 07:00 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Also, not sure if we want to revise this track title or not (it appears in DDPSDOJ/Maximum and I think one other place as well...)

Who Decided About "Dying Peacefully"? (Ending)

"Dying Peacefully" is the subtitle "DAI OU JOU" which has been officially translated by Cave World English as "Blissful Death."

More importantly, if you boot up the DDP: Blissful Death game on iOS and look in the "history" option (reading up on the franchise) you'll find the phrase, word for word, at the opening of Dai Fukkatsu:

Who said you could have a "blissful death"?
Old Jul 13, 2013, 08:21 PM

Don't really enjoy bumping old threads, but to piggyback on the above post, wouldn't we now have an official name for some of these songs thanks to DODONPACHI Resurrection on the iPhone touch? And you can even cross reference these with DDP Maximum. DDP Res has a stage select with the names of the stages clearly written on them. I can't remember them all, but it's something like:

1. 2008 Tokyo
2. The Dividing Road of Fate
3. [something]
4. The World Darkens (I think)
5. Battles Fought Only to "Inherit the Future"

And I'm relatively sure the ending would indeed be "Who Said You Could Have a 'Blissful Death'?" if they released a localized soundtrack, as it's a tagline used all over Cave's English page.

As for remixes/homages, it'd be nice if someone compiled them. In short, what I gathered was:

Stage 1: Fog Warning opening, Silent Outpost Base/East Asia homage (I'm hard pressed to call it a straight remix of either, too much of it's own identity despite a few similar chord progressions)

Stage 2B: Colorful Rainbow, Collector

Stage 3: Stage 3 & 6 (Dodonpachi), Strange Dance. I think A goes into something else that's a remix, B just completes the rest of Stage 3 & 6.

Stage 4B: East Asia, Burning Body's distorted vocals, something sounding like a generalization of Fog Warning/East Asia opening (used again by Kudo in the Saidaioujou arrangements of Ran and Michi)

Stage 5: Silent Outpost Base/East Asia (not including the reprise of 2008 Tokyo)

And I guess to a degree you could say "Who Said..." references The Dividing Road of Fate, but since it's part of the same soundtrack, it's surely with intention.

I don't know if I missed anything as I haven't gotten around to playing many of Cave's games. I'm just now catching up, but that's what I've noticed anyway.

Last edited by DRJOE; Jul 13, 2013 at 08:30 PM.