VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 13, 2010, 01:40 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Default KICA-286: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Is the current Japanese tracklist inside the booklet or something? The back scan has mostly English.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 08:49 AM

Sorry, I got that off of Amazon.co.jp. I should have known not to trust it, but I went ahead and added it as the original.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:42 AM

The English tracklist should also be changed to reflect the "official" version from the (unfortunate) Geneon print.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 05:08 PM

I uploaded some scans I found at this site: http://www.ea-wannabe.com/goods/KICA-286.htm
Tracks 2 and 23 have specific performers credited on page 8 of the booklet, but I can't read the Japanese names, or type them out, so it would be nice if someone could add them to the album info and translate them if possible.
All the instruments the musicians used have been abbreviated, as you can see on booklet page 9, but I don't understand what half of the abbreviations mean. Dr is obviously drums, Gt for guitar, etc. but what is Tp? Lat? Does anyone know?

Edit: With the help of Anime News Network's detailed credits for the show (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...nime.php?id=49 - look at "Music" under "Japanese Staff") I figured out most of the instrument abbreviations. Now I feel kinda stupid <_< Tb = Trombone, Tp = Trumpet, St = Strings, Hr = Horn. But Lat and Pt are still left, ANN didn't figure those out either.

Last edited by Pizzasrgo; Jun 13, 2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 06:25 PM

Lat is almost certainly latin percussion. Pt is probably PianoforTe. I think I've heard Junko Miyagi's name in connection with piano before.

Edit: We have a Junko Miyagi in the database, credited with keyboards every time. Could be the same person. Are the kanji the same?

Another Edit: I'm an idiot. I forgot the names on page 7. In order: 2. CLAIRE (Vo), Makoto Kuriya (Piano), Tetsuya Ikeda (Bass), Osamu Matsuyama (Drums), Masahiro Itami (Acoustic Guitar), Obawo Nakajima (Percussion)

23. YOKO TAKAHASHI (Vocal), Toshiyuki Ohmori (Keyboard Programming), Masahiro Itami (Electric Guitar), Shigehiko Saito (Synth Operator)

Last edited by Xenofan 29A; Jun 13, 2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:04 PM

Thanks for that, I'll add those names to the album info, and I'll go with your suggestions for the abbreviations. Junko Miyagi's name is only written romanized, no kanji are given, so we can't be sure if she is the same person or not.

Edit: I looked at the Junko Miyagi in the database and searched her name in kanji on Google and got this page on ANN crediting her for "Pt" work on Evangelion: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=13862 so it looks like you were right.

Last edited by Pizzasrgo; Jun 14, 2010 at 12:16 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 07:28 AM

I only have the American print, so I didn't know whether or not kanji were used in the original booklet. It's completely translated, but they left those abbreviations in there, unfortunately.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 03:29 PM

It looks like they reissued this sometime after April 1997, when the tax rate increased from 3% to 5%. I've uploaded scans of the back and obi of my copy, which I bought in 2002, where the tax included price was changed to reflect this.